Footer Text Change by CSS

Hi there,

site: denverrix.com

I am using Activello theme and really liked it. I want to change footer text “Theme by Colorlib Powered by WordPress” to something else with link reference like “colorlib” as well using only CSS if possible. Let me know what code to enter in advanced CSS. I have been searching on forums to change footer text but can’t search for this specific.

Also somehow it is not showing theme editor menu in Appearance as i know a way to change extra.php but can’t access as mentioned earlier. I don’t want to use any child theme as it may mess up my theme CSS configuration and i have to redo everything from scratch. I have tried to disable all plugins and it still not showing editor menu in Appearance so problem is something different.

Thank you in advance.

Warm Regards
Swati

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
changing text in the footer is not possible without template modification, also, it’s not recommended by the license
cant replicate your problem regarding appearance > editor menu, i can clearly see it and there was no similar problem reported, most probably this conflict with third-party plugins or glitch in the WordPress itself, can you try to check if you have editor menu on default WordPress theme? let me know
Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hi Noda

Thank you for quick reply. Really appreciate it. Is there some way i can change footer text as i am out of option.

Also, if i can add some other text with html to footer area with using widgets or something,that should be fine as well. I know how to disable footer text by CSS. So is this possible to add some text area with CSS in footer, that should be ok as well.

If you may provide some intermittent solution that would be great. Thank you.

Warm Regards
Swati

Hello

You can change footer text in the files but the license of this theme does not allow to do this, :frowning:

By the way, i see you already did this and this is not good, you have to keep a link to our website into the footer

Hi Noda

I found the problem. It was sucuri plugin. You may mark this thread as complete. Thank you for your support.

Regards
Swati

Hi, there

Its not about sucuri plugin, You have not answered my on message :slight_smile: link to our website is necessary for the footer
I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions Thanks!