Force a non-breaking space in the widgets?

Hey,

I’m using Illdy to create a really basic website, but I want to be able to create spacing in both the services and testimonials widgets, so it doesn’t collapse the paragraphs into one.

I’ve tried the usual suspects…
'<p> </p>
nbsp
#xa0
(with the associated &; - just can’t put them here or the codes disappear and get applied!)

But no joy. I’m sure it’s very simple (and my coding skills are virtually non-existent, so I’m not comfortable crawling in and messing with the code behind the scenes)…so any help would be very gratefully received!

Many thanks,

Claire

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

The paragraphs should not be running into each other, could you provide an image of the issue and a link to your website?

In the meantime, You can use the following CSS code to increase the space between them by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*Increase services margin top*/
section#services {
    margin-top: 10px;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ve included some images below of paragraphs that should have spaces between them, but are running into each other.

URL is: clairebrummell.com

In the testimonials widget, even when I go and put the paragraphs in, as soon as I hit save they collapse back into one. In the services section, they stay as paragraphs in the widget, but collapse into one on the published page.

Any help, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please try editing the testimonials once again and use “</br>” at the end of a sentence to add a line break into the paragraph. You may need to add 2 of these to add a single paragraph break.

Please update me on the results.

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you for the response…I’ve just tried adding “</br>” to create the paragraph break (tried two of them), but it’s just showing them as “</br>” within the text…

Hi @cbrummell,

By default, widgets don’t support any HTML due to some security reasons, I forward this issue to them so that in the next version it supports some basics HTML.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.