Format Static page posts

Hi,

I’m using a static page as a home page for the blog but want to be able to show 3-4 of the latest posts from certain categories on the page. To achieve this i’ve used a custom shortcode.

What I would like to be able to do is have the posts appear in the same style as the Blog page (colours, post layout, etc). Can you help with this?

Site: http://hunaholisticbodyworks.com

Thanks,

Matt

hi Matt

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Sorry but that’s not possible without excessive modification of the theme files. third party shortcodes use different classes and they will have different styles, not possible to match it with theme style, sorry

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hi Noda,

Thank you for the prompt response. My ignorance of how this works may show through here but given the shortcode plugin has a space for custom CSS (see attachment) and the container i’m pasting the shortcode into on the page has space for custom CSS, can I not just input the post CSS from you theme into that space?

If so, where can I find it?

Thanks,

Matt

no, no, no, this is not about the custom css box, :slight_smile: such box is included by default in the WordPress as well in appearance > customize > additional css. the problem is in the shortcode provider, it uses absolutely different markup and its impossible to style it like our blog page, this definitely needs customization

Ok Noda. Thank you for the explanation.

Is there another way to get some posts featured on the front page and styled correctly?

You can set in your site reading settings to displays blog posts on the home page of your site and make the selected 3-4 posts sticky posts so that they will always appear at the top of the blog.