front page lags and does not scroll

Hi there!

My website seems to have a problem with its scrolling function. It lags when I try to scroll down and when I click on the menu which I have linked to a section in the front screen, it does not scroll down as in the demo. I have installed jQuery thinking that might help (from reading other posts) but to no avail.

Help, please?

Thank you!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

There is a maintenance plugins active so I cannot view the page. Can you either disable it or add a password to the maintenance page so that I can access it?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there. didn’t know how to add a password but i have deactivated the plugin.

Can you view it now?

Hey there,
Thank you for keeping in touch

Yes I’m able to view the site now.

In regards the scrolling issue, I do notice some lag on the initial loading of the site, but once the site is loaded it works fine. Can you verify this is also the case.

Trouble Shooting:
Kindly disable all of your third-party plugins and see if this issue still exists.
If it resolves the issue I am going to then ask you to activate the disabled plugins one by one and test the page to see if we can isolate the conflicting plugin if that is the case.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi support! thanks for the tip. scrolling was fantastic when all plugins were disabled but the problem started when i enabled illdy companion. think the problem started when i used a custom link for one of my main menu items to link down to a section of the front page. now it doesn’t seem to work at all.

help!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please try removing that custom link that you added. It may the case that the link has an error in it.

Best Regards,
Support