Front page widgets

Hello Aigars,

I wondered if there is any way I could alter the appearance of the three front page widgets. I would like to centre the contents within them, change the size of text, and to add ‘read more’ buttons. Is that possible within the Sparkling theme? If not, can that be done (easily!) with any of your other themes? Or is there another way to achieve the look I’m seeking? Or must I use a completely different theme, which is already set up like that?

I’m working on a site for a friend and have just shoved in some content for now so you can take a look and hopefully understand what I’m on about! It’s here.

Hello. Is it possible for someone to answer this for me?

Hi @Sally,

Sorry for the delay here.

Yes this can be achieved by developing some custom code.

Do you still want to achieve this?

Please advise so that i can help you to achieve this.

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks for your reply. Sadly I had to switch that one to another theme, as couldn’t wait any longer for a response! However, I’m shortly going to do another site for someone else using Sparkling and would very much like to know the answer to this issue. Basically, what I’m looking to achieve is as the site mentioned above looks now, with three widgets centred on homepage.

Hi @Sally,

You can achieve this by adding three text widgets to the three homepage widget areas respectively and add the respective content including read more link and icon in those text widgets then to style them add the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Apperance -> Theme Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.home-widget-area.row {
  border: 1px solid #c3d69b;
  padding: 45px;
}
.home-widget {
  font-size: 16px;
  text-align: center;
  margin-right: 4%;
  width: 30.66666%;
  padding: 0;
}
.home-widget:last-child {
  margin-right: 0;
}

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you for that! One more question - how do I add read more link and icon to the widgets?

Hi @Sally,

You have to just copy the HTML code from your shared site and paste it in the text widget that you want to display on the front page of your site.

The icons are displayed using the font “FontAwesome” so you have to also include this on your site as described on the following pages.

Best Regards,
Movin