Full Width Home Page

Wordpress allows users to create a static homepage and a separate page for blog posts: Creating a Static Front Page « WordPress Codex

I’ve created a staging environment to create and design the static homepage. But there is a problem in the theme.

Your Sparkling theme includes 5 page templates: “Default” “Right Sidebar” “Left Sidebar” “No Sidebar” and “Full Width”. Obviously, the homepage should be full width.

The problem is the default coding for “full width.” There are two related problems:

1. The page should be full-width responsive, not boxed.

2. The grey border container should be removed.

The content container itself should appear like the grey menu bar above- spanning the entire width of the screen.

See how in the attached photo, the content box is restricted by a grey border? I want “full width” edited so that the grey border is removed and the content box can span the entire width of the screen. However, I don’t want the content border removed for all content, such as posts.

Hi @vlumby,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this for the pages having Full width template as shown in the attached screenshot by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

body.page-template-page-fullwidth .container.main-content-area {
    width: 100%;
    margin-top: 0;
}

body.page-template-page-fullwidth .post-inner-content {
    border: 0;
}

Best Regards,
Movin