Have a Few Editing Questions

Hey everyone! I just have a few editing questions to improve my website even more. The pictures will go with each question that I ask

1. How to keep widget text visible. In this picture I have my two widgets, Recent Posts and archives. When one of the posts are clicked on, they become extremely difficult to see. What css code can I use to keep the text visible, in case visitors want to go back and see the menu again?

2. How to make Blog Post Title Lighter. Where it says ‘Check Out Pigalle’ the blog post title is too dark to see. What css code can I use to make the text easier to read?

3. How to get rid of category labels. The orange text words below the logo are categories for my post. I don’t really like the way they look and I would like to remove them from my blog posts. What is the css code so that I can do that?

4. How to make blog links visible on my main page. This example has a blog post with a link. You cannot tell that it is a link (Where it says the name ‘Spencer Charles’- my links are usually in orange text) and it looks like it is just regular text. The only way to know that there is an actual link there is if you click on the blog post. What is the css code so that I can easily click on links from my main page, without having to actually go into the blog post?

Hi @simoneevars,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you to achieve it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Sure @movin My website is simoneevarserotica.com .

1. How to keep widget text visible. In this picture I have my two widgets, Recent Posts and archives. When one of the posts are clicked on, they become extremely difficult to see. What css code can I use to keep the text visible, in case visitors want to go back and see the menu again?

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#secondary .widget a {
    color: #fff;
}
#secondary .widget a:hover {
    color: #dd9933;
}
2. How to make Blog Post Title Lighter. Where it says ‘Check Out Pigalle’ the blog post title is too dark to see. What css code can I use to make the text easier to read?

Use following CSS code as described above to change its color.

h1.entry-title {
    color: #fff;
}
3. How to get rid of category labels. The orange text words below the logo are categories for my post. I don’t really like the way they look and I would like to remove them from my blog posts. What is the css code so that I can do that?

The following CSS code will remove it.

.single-post .cat-title {
    display: none;
}
4. How to make blog links visible on my main page. This example has a blog post with a link. You cannot tell that it is a link (Where it says the name ‘Spencer Charles’- my links are usually in orange text) and it looks like it is just regular text. The only way to know that there is an actual link there is if you click on the blog post. What is the css code so that I can easily click on links from my main page, without having to actually go into the blog post?

This can not be done using CSS code but you can achieve this by adding the post excerpt text along with links in the Excerpt field of post.

Best Regards,
Movin

@Movin did I ever mention that you are the best? Because you are the BEST! Thank you soon much!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: