Header blank space | Arrow back to top

Hi, I just updated the theme and it ruined my header.
You can see all this grey area above the header logo for the social links.
I remember adjusting this space, so the grey area is just the size of the social icons, without all that space above and below them. Could you help me how I do it as before?

Also after the update the arrow at bottom right that links to top is missing!

Thank you in advance

www.supers.gr

All changes you make to the theme do either via Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS or by creating your own Child Theme. Otherwise you will lose all your customization each time I updated this theme.

Here goes header part:

.hgroup-wrap {
    padding-top: 0;
    padding-bottom: 0;
}
.hgroup-right {
    margin-top: 0;
}

Scroll to top does work on your website just like it should. I double checked it.

Thank you very much.
Is there a way to replace the scroll to top arrow? I searched all the gifs in the theme but I couldn’t find it.

There are no image that you can replace. It is a pure CSS and font icons (Genericons) that are used for this theme.

You can replace it with other icon from their library or you will have to write your own code/styling for this button.

Ok i found the div back-to-top, but where is the actual code to change the settings?

OK! Everything good! Thank you

Aigers,

I am having trouble trying to find the correct place to be able to reduce the size of the hgroup-wrap height. I am using the child theme option to modify the site and have the following code in the style.css:

.hgroup-wrap {
padding-top: -20px; /* 15px; /
padding-bottom: 0px; /
35px; */
}

But this doesn’t seem to be doing anything. I would like to reduce the height to that of only the social-icons, or move the social icons to just above the green menu bar on the right hand side.

I am using firebug in firefox to try to identify the sections but notice that you mentioned in a previous post I read about changing the footer information that the structure of your theme is not the usual one for WordPress or Woo Commerce.

Could you please give me some guidance on how to achieve either of these?

Thanking you in advance.

Richard.

You are doing it right, however, your Child Theme might not work correctly. Could you please provide a link to your website, so I can look into it.

While this theme is not standard from structural perspective, its HTML and CSS can be edited just like in any other theme and your give CSS code should work well unless Child Theme setup has some problems.

Aigers,

Thanks for the reply, I have deleted the child them and set it up again using the http://terrychay.com/wordpress-plugins/one-click-child-theme; not sure if that could be the cause of the issue.

I made sure that I called the child theme travelify-child, as I remember reading in another post that it is what you said it needed to be called.

The site is “www.whitebohemia.com.au”

Thanking you in advance for your time.

Regards,

Richard

Your child theme is created properly and it does work. However, there is one thing wrong with your CSS code.

CSS padding is not going to work with negative value. You can set it for margin

In your case I would use code like this

.hgroup-wrap {
    padding-top: 0;
    padding-bottom: 0; 
}

And then would add negative margin if it would be still required.

Aigers,

Thanks again for the prompt reply. I have not got the front page to look right, but interestingly I then went and turned on the slider function for the front page by adding the page ID to the Theme Options/Featured Slider/Featured Slider Post/Page Options section.

However when I view the home page the images are not shown and just the title of the page is shown; am I right in saying that because I have modified the width of the branding and the hgroup-wrap sections the Featured Slider does not show the images correctly?

I would like the Featured Slider to work above the Primary section on the home page, could you kindly provide instructions on how to do this?

Regards,

Richard.

Images will show up only if featured image is selected for each of your Post/Page.

Image should be much, much bigger than your current thumbnails to even start testing where did you made mistake with slider.

Modifying header section(logo, background, social icons) alone couldn’t break slider placement and functionality. There is more than that.

Aigers,

Thanks for the reply. The images where really just a test, however I have replaced them with suggested sizes within the them options page; I would be grateful if you could take a look now and guide me on a resolution.

Regards,

Richard.

There is some mistake with element position(absolute vs relative position) or some negative margin somewhere but I can’t find it right away. Probably there is series of issues. Personally I would reinstall theme and start over. Since you have modified only some colors and header it shouldn’t take more than few minutes to get it back in current state.

Aigars,

Thanks for the tip, I deleted the child theme and then deleted the theme; then went through the whole process of installing the theme and then creating the child theme. Then I changed each section of CSS to see the results and then once I have achieved the layout; all done.

Can I ask you another question on a different matter; how can I create a login section like you have for the forums?

Thanks for the support and responses.

Regards,

Richard.

The one is use comes with bbPress itself I have justs applied styling to it.
For WordPress itself you can use http://wordpress.org/plugins/sidebar-login/screenshots/ or any other plugin but this is the most popular one. Just apply styling to it and you are ready to go.