Header, footer and menu remover

Hi guys,

First of all, let me say that I’m really happy of what you guys have done with this theme. It serves well my purpose so I think you’ve done a great job of it. Only issue I do have is about removing the header, footer and menu from my standing/entry pages. I don’t want to remove it from the other pages as they’re doing their job fine there, just on my first page.

Can anyone help and also tell me where to put the codes (if there are any) in my coding page since I’m still quite new at this? I appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks in advance.
P.S: I’ve added a screenshot to help illustrate what I mean.

Hi @dwalhas,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body.home div#footer-area,
body.home div#secondary,
body.home nav.navbar.navbar-default {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @movin,

Sorry for answering so late but I had some issues with my site which, for the beginner that I am, were quite painful for the head. All good now so could come back to my original problem. Thank you for this trick that worked quite well. The problem is that it still left the logo, the tagline, the title in the body (I think) and a bit that says “Edit” at the bottom of the body (again I think) behind. I have added a screenshot to illustrate what I mean and can be compared to the first one I had sent you.

Thank you very much. Your help is well appreciated.

In your initial reply you said you want to remove only the header, footer and menu from the home page so i have provided you CSS code to achieve that.

To remove all content from home page try using the below CSS code instead.

body.home #page {
}

Hello @Movin,

Again, I will start by thanking you for the time you have given to help me on my problem. It has been very useful since I’m still quite new at this.

You are right, I did start this by saying that I wanted to remove the header, the footer and the menu. Since I didn’t really illustrate want I want to achieve effectively, I believe it’s made the help given hard to negotiate in the right way so I apologise for that. The CSS code you have provided work quite well but not exactly in the way that I need them to. What I want is to have my video background (that you have been seeing as a screenshots) to just appear in itself but with a button that I have placed in the body. That way people can enter the website by clicking it. Judging now, I’m not sure that would be possible the way I envisioned it and, if that isn’t a possibility, I guess I will have to make the background clickable so to enter in that way or just make it automatically go in after it’s finished playing.

The only last thing I’ll add is that the last code you gave me still left something behind (I believe that it’s the footer). Is there a problem in the code itself for it to do that or is that a problem which I should be able to sort out on my end of things (I have added some more screenshots that I hope will help better this time. The first is the way it looks with the first code, the second is how it looks with the last code you gave as well as the issue it brought up with it and the third is the way I would ideally have liked to be)?

Again, I appreciate the input which has helped me move forward on my project so thank you very much.

dwalhas

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you?

Hi @Movin

Here it is http://www.lejunkieduson.com/

Thank you
dwalhas

Please try using the below CSS code removing previously provided code.

body.home #page .entry-header,
body.home #page #masthead,
body.home #footer-area {
}

Good morning to you @movin,

This is it. This code has worked perfectly. It is now displaying the page with no header, no footer and just the element I need in my body. Many thanks for the help as well as the time taken to do so.

dwalhas

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: