Header Image, Page Title, Action Button

Hello,
I am using the Dazzling theme to build the website below and am having some problems:
http://shrinersclassic.com

Header image is not showing
I have tried several different ones (even ones from working sites), and nothing shows.

Remove page title on homepage
How do I remove the page title from just the homepage?

Move action button
I’d like for my slider to appear above the action button. How do I do this?

Thanks!

• Courtny

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

1. Be sure to follow the instructions outlined here in order to set up the slider: Dazzling Theme Documentation - Colorlib

2. You can use the following CSS to accomplish this using the following CSS
    Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

/*remove header on home page only*/
#post-4 > header {
    display: none;
}

1. To do this you’ll have to modify the structure of theme code, I suggest creating a backup of your website, and creating a child theme before doing this.

Best regards,
Support.

Thank you! #2 is solved and I will take your advice on #3.

Still stumped on #1. I followed the documentation and the logo for my site is still not showing in the top left corner. I see uploaded images in the Customize window, but there is no image on the site at all and I can’t see anything else that I should be doing to make it work. See attached screenshot.

Hello there,

Have you added or removed any CSS code related to the theme’s header? I want to see if you possibly hide or remove the CSS for the header image.

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for your help. No - the only CSS I have added that says anything about the header is the code below from you to remove the page title on the home page:

/remove header on home page only/
#post-4 > header {
}

and this to change the color of the menu:

/* change background color*/
.navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a:hover, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a:focus, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > li > a:hover, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > li > a:focus, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a:hover, .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a:focus, .dropdown-menu > li > a:hover, .dropdown-menu > li > a:focus, .navbar-default .navbar-nav .open .dropdown-menu > li > a:hover, .navbar-default .navbar-nav .open .dropdown-menu > li > a:focus{
background-color:#dd3333;
color: white;
}

Hello there,

Thanks for the update.

Please temporarily remove the following CSS code and reload the page to see if the header appears:

/*remove header on home page only*/
#post-4 > header {
}

Best Regards,
Support

I am having the same issue with this theme. I currently use this theme for another one of my websites and I noticed when i updated the theme the header was removed so i rolled it back to the previous version and it works fine.

However i am building a new site and have installed the theme and the header will not show regardless of what logo i try to use. Again this is a brand new install with no other programming or anything having been done.

Is there a resolution to this logo issue on this theme?

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

let us have the URL for the website so we can have a look at the issue.
Also, there isn’t a recommended logo size, you can try 200x50.

Best regards,
Support.

I’m unable to remove the page title on the home page for this theme.

The only text in my “additional CSS” is:

“/remove header on home page only/
#post-4 > header {
}”

Could you please help me remove the title on the home page? Thank you.

Hey @morkes

That CSS wouldn’t work as the post-selector maybe different.

Try this instead.

.home h1.entry-title {
    display: none !important;
}

Best regards,
Support.