Header Issues

Greetings:

Shapely is a wonderful theme, and it’s been enjoyable searching out all of the functionality (especially since I’m relatively new to WP). I’ve been having a number of header issues with Shapely which can be solved relatively quickly. My site is www.forageintelligence.com.

1. Highlighting in the header defaults to the theme purple. Is there a way I can customize this to #C59839?
  2. Selecting the search function in the header drops a text box and a theme purple execution button. Is there a way I can customize this to #0B1C59?
  3. Lastly, the header fonts don’t seem to be affected by changes in the typography settings in customiser. Is there a sure-fire way to be able to changes these fonts?

Many Thanks!

Dannel

Hi Dannel,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. Highlighting in the header defaults to the theme purple. Is there a way I can customize this to #C59839?

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Other

#page .menu > li > ul li a:hover {
    background: #C59839;
}

2. Selecting the search function in the header drops a text box and a theme purple execution button. Is there a way I can customize this to #0B1C59?

To achieve this use below CSS code as described above.

input#searchsubmit {
    background: #0B1C59;
    border-color: #0B1C59;
}
3. Lastly, the header fonts don’t seem to be affected by changes in the typography settings in customiser. Is there a sure-fire way to be able to changes these fonts?

You can change it by using the below CSS code.

#page .menu li a {
    font-family: arial;
}

Please change the arial font family in the above code to whatever you want to set.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thank you so much! Works perfectly :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Dannel

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi, can you help me get two thigs sorted out?

1. I would like menu items to be wider spread. I have a full width page and both the logo and the right-side menu item seem to be too much to the centre. So I somehow would like to diminish left and right margin
  2. How to make the top menu area a bit taller and make a logo a bit bigger?

Thanks for help if someone ever reads it :wink:

Lukasz

Hi Lukasz,

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/shapely/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Cheers,
Movin