Header picture like in the preview

Hello, im not quite sure how to set up the header picture to let it look like in the preview.
When im using the build in customization tool and uploading a header its always very small. If I dont use any header picture those grey box is shown in the top left corner. When I add "flex-width => ‘true’ into the customheader.php the picture is hugh but the box is not in the middle of the picture, like it is in the preview.

So my question is how do I set those picture up to be shown correctly?
And I also wrote it in an other topic, I dont get rid of the archives and meta widges. Tried it in different browsers, with empty cache and its still there.

http://www.yarkhunova.com

I see that you already figured that out. You weren’t using slider properly but instead tried to use Custom Header image which is fine too but it is for different purpose.

Let me know if there is anything else.

yeah thats right, a little bit of reading sometimes helps :wink: my english is not the best that was the main problem here.

but still the problem with those widges is not really solved, in this other theme what im using now its works just fine with the dazzling it doesnt

Then I need to see your website with Dazzling theme activated and only then I can help you to solve it. Both themes are completely different and Dazzling doesn’t have full-width blog options available by default.

I actived the Dazzling Theme

and here is a img with the settings:

You can remove sidebar and alight current content area by adding this code snippet to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS.

#secondary {
    display: none;
}

.pull-left {
    float: none !important;
    margin: auto;
}

Thank you very much, but I will use the travelify theme and I know I should ask it in the other Forum but can you tell me how to change the Font of this theme?

//edit
when i click on a link in the menu the font color changes to green, how do i change that as well?

Thank you for your help.

I see that you have already managed to change fonts for this theme but the basic idea would be like this:

body, article {
  font-family: "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif;
}

But there might be some cases where it is not changed as font is defined multiple times in style.css so all these will have to be replaced but not by changing them directly in style.css but by taking that code and moving to Child Theme style.css and then changing font there.

Okay thank you very much, one last question do you know any way to put nice looking links into the footer? Without a box arround it and without headline, so it will fit into the background?

@bjoern

Don’t use title for text widget as it is only optional and this would resolve part of the problem.

To remove background from widget on your website that is not marked as “Links” you can add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS

.col-3:nth-child(3) .widget {
  border: none;
  box-shadow: none;
  -webkit-box-shadow: none;
  background: transparent;
}

This code should target only this widget.