Header: size, hyperlinks and static

Hi Movin,

here I am again with a few questions. You helped me a ton in my last thread!

3 Questions regarding the Header and the Image:

1. First I need the header to be static and not attached to a blog post. The image should not link anywhere (no read More).

2. I designed a banner with hyperlinks and want a call to action on the banner itself. I have to save the banner as a PDF file. How do I upload that PDF file as an image to the static header image?
    I attached an example of an banner with a hyperlink in it, I cant seem to upload it.

3. The image I created is a little too big. What should be the pixel size of an header image? 1920x550? Saw that number somewhere.

If you could help me out one more time, I’m ready to launch the website. Exciting, thanks to you!
(iamfasting.de)

Kind Regards from Germany
Sven

Hi Sven,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1) First I need the header to be static and not attached to a blog post. The image should not link anywhere (no read More).

Do you mean the slider image or the featured post image displayed on blog page?

Also do you want to remove the read More link from the post?

2) I designed a banner with hyperlinks and want a call to action on the banner itself. I have to save the banner as a PDF file. How do I upload that PDF file as an image to the static header image? I attached an example of an banner with a hyperlink in it, I cant seem to upload it.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve please describe it a bit more in detail.

3) The image I created is a little too big. What should be the pixel size of an header image? 1920×550? Saw that number somewhere.

Could you please tell me what you are referring as header image?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

sorry for the late response, was out of town.

Yes, the slider image. I want a static, non moving picture there (with hyperlinks!)
The Image should not link to a blog post, that`s very important for me. Right now teh category, the name of the blog post and the READ MORE appears on the image, cause it is linked to a blog post. Thats unnecessary for me and I want to implement other links on that image.
I attached a screenshot of the image and marked the area red.

No problem! AS you can see on the attached image, above the red box there is some text and “Start here!” and in the bottom right corner the “Quick Start Guide”. I marked both with green.
I want people to click on those links and I want it to link to 2 different pages on my site (one for newcomers and one for those who want the guide).

To sum up: I want the image to NOT link to a post, I want it to link with specific text (hyperlinks) to specific sites on my page.

The site, where I created this image with hyperlinks told me that I have to download the image as a PDF in order to make the hyperlinks work. Is that true? And how can I upload a PDF file and use it as an image? How would you do it?

Im sorry, I am talking about the same image the whole time - I guess it is the slider image. I put a blue box around it. As you can see, the text on the top is cut off, the text in the bottom right too. I used an image with 3000x1055 Pixel, that is too big right? What is the correct Pixel size?

Site: iamfasting.de

Thanks so much and sorry for not being clear the first time - thanks for your time!
Sven

1) Yes, the slider image. I want a static, non moving picture there (with hyperlinks!) The Image should not link to a blog post, that`s very important for me. Right now teh category, the name of the blog post and the READ MORE appears on the image, cause it is linked to a blog post. Thats unnecessary for me and I want to implement other links on that image. I attached a screenshot of the image and marked the area red. </blockquote>

You can try removing that red part from the slider by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.flexslider .flex-caption {
    display: none;
}
2) No problem! AS you can see on the attached image, above the red box there is some text and “Start here!” and in the bottom right corner the “Quick Start Guide”. I marked both with green. I want people to click on those links and I want it to link to 2 different pages on my site (one for newcomers and one for those who want the guide).

To sum up: I want the image to NOT link to a post, I want it to link with specific text (hyperlinks) to specific sites on my page.

To achieve this you have to create child theme and develop custom code in it. You can use the child theme shared in the following topic and customize the slider function activello_featured_slider added in the functions.php file of that child theme.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/slider-more-than-4-older-post-in-other-language-erase-date/

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5 http://freewptp.com/contact

The site, where I created this image with hyperlinks told me that I have to download the image as a PDF in order to make the hyperlinks work. Is that true? And how can I upload a PDF file and use it as an image? How would you do it?

No it won’t work for the slider images.

3) Im sorry, I am talking about the same image the whole time – I guess it is the slider image. I put a blue box around it. As you can see, the text on the top is cut off, the text in the bottom right too. I used an image with 3000×1055 Pixel, that is too big right? What is the correct Pixel size?

The correct image size is 1920px X 550px

Best Regards,
Movin