headings in blogs, date information blogs and mobile heading

Hello,

we’re almost done with our website -which will go live tomorrow- in the evening. I see a few errors I can’t find answers to on this forum. So I hope you can help me out on more time.

• I want to use headings in our blog to improve SEO-results. Now I used strong instead. I understand I need to have f.e. a h3 for it (since h5 f.e. is not ranked highly in google). When I implement h3 the size is quite big and I need to delete the padding/margin so it will be a slightly larger font than the p-text, but with a colour and perhaps bold. Is this possible?

• When I look at my website via mobile (iPhone) the header images look quite weird. Is it possible to have the logo on top; then the menu and then the image (so a bit stacked upon each other) and can I control the mobile images for the headers somewhere? Now a lot of the images fall off and it’s not pretty. One image doesn’t load at all… So that is really a big problem!

• And the question I asked and one of your staff would look into is the problem with the date (above the blog). It’s in US standards, but I want it to be European (6 november 2016 f.e.). I changed the language to Dutch already in Wordpress but it seems it’s not changed near the blog.

• I have a weird blank space near my social icons and near the event calendar. How can I fix that?

I really hope you can help me out. So far the support you gave was really good and I hope we can shine tomorrow with a dazzling website!

Let me know if you can change things so I can put the maintenance mode off.

Regards,
Carlien

I got word from Cristian that the date is a bug so no need to reply on that one. I would really like to have a fix on the mobile header images if you can give me that since without that I can’t go live in about 9 hours.

Regards,
Carlien

PS sorry for all the questions; launching stress :wink:

Hi Carlien,

For images use this code:

@media only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
    #header {
        background-attachment: initial !important;
    }
}

For other request please set maintenance of so I could sent you the answers.

thank you,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

thank you soo soo much for helping me out here. I’ve attached two screenshots of the mobile images. As you can see a lot of the image falls of. Is it possible to have the image full width and than the heading below? It’s not bad that a little bit of the image is cut off but this is too much I’m afraid. If you have a plugin I can use to upload the images in mobile sizes it OK to me as well.

www.vrouwendievanserieshouden.nl

Maintenance is off; so please feel free to take a look at the other requests. You make my day!

Regards,
Carlien

Hi,

The close solution to what you want for images:

@media (min-width: 768px)
#header .bottom-header{
padding-bottom: 80px;
padding-top:0
}

For h3 to resize the font-size:

.front-page-section .section-header h3 {
font-size:15px
}

For blank space I don t know where do you see it :slight_smile:

thanks,

Cristian

Hello Cristian,

unfortunately none of these things work. A part of the text falls of the images so this is no solution. Can’t I get with mobile images (iPad works fine) in full width and the header underneath in black letters. That would already work fine for me. Now text falls of; or 90% of the image isn’t displayed and I can’t control which part is shown. If there is a solution where I can send in the mobile vertical image it’s fine with me as well.

Regarding the headings; I want to use headings in my blogs in stead of using the <strong marks since headings are better for SEO. So I want to change the headings (only in Blogs) into the normal font size for the p text; but only 2 px larger, bold and in #ed0097. So only for the blog so I can use headings for paragraphs. Important is to have no extra margin above and underneath.

I see the blank space in the side bar (f.e. contact and blogs) and in the footer. See screenshots. I want it aligned at the left; so I don’t have a blank space next to the Facebook icon.

I hope you can help me, since the solution above doesn’t work.

Hi,

I am studying the problem and I will get back to you soon.

Thank you,

Cristian

Any word on the:

• Mobile images
  • SEO options to use headings in blog text
  • Space around the social

And I’ve tried to change the title of Related Posts with Jetpack, but it doesn’t work out. Is there another way the related post is generated? I’ve got this text to change it, but it doesn’t work out; so I think the related posts is from some other Plugin from Jetpack. Is this right?

function jetpackme_related_posts_headline( $headline ) {
$headline = sprintf(
‘<h3 class=“jp-relatedposts-headline”>%s%s%s</h3>’,
esc_html( ‘Omdat je ’ ),
get_the_title(),
esc_html( ’ hebt gelezen:’ )
);
return $headline;
}
add_filter( ‘jetpack_relatedposts_filter_headline’, ‘jetpackme_related_posts_headline’ );

Regards,
Carlien

Hi,

You had the website in maintenance, therefore I could not sent you answers

Mobile images, use this css code:

@media (min-width: 568px){
#header {
height: auto;
padding-bottom: 30px;
padding-top:0px
}
}

After you aplly the code you should have the attached screenshot result.

• SEO options and plugin issue falls good outside the support plan but more in the custom work type, so unfortunately I could not help you.

Space around the social try:

cnss-social-icon{
text-align:left;
}

Thank you,

Cristian

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately both solutions didn’t work. Attached the image of the screen. The screenshot you sent would be perfect, but I don’t get it right. Also attached a screenshot of both social icons. Still a space at the left.

Please let me know if you need the log in or something like that so I can send it to you.

Regards,
Carlien

hi,

Give me in a private message wp admin user and wp password.

Thanks,

Cristian

www.vrouwendievanserieshouden.nl/wp-admin
vdvsh
CarMar88

Hi,

I succeded to make changes for social icons, I am studying the posibility to make the mobile images. It seems that there is a bug. I will try to fix tonight.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hello Cristian,

I see the social icons in the footer are perfect. In the sidebar they are OK too, but now I see The >-signs are crossing the text; so I hope you can fix that. See screenshots.

I hope you can find a way to make the images on mobile better. And if it’s possible to change the text “related articles” into: “Omdat je (title blog) hebt gelezen”. I thought it was a functionality from jetpack, but it turns out it’s a theme functionality so I hope you can change this for me. I already got some code from jetpack, so I hope with little adjustments you can implement it for this theme.

===
function jetpackme_related_posts_headline( $headline ) {
$headline = sprintf(
‘<h3 class=”jp-relatedposts-headline”>%s%s%s</h3>’,
esc_html( ‘Omdat je ‘ ),
get_the_title(),
esc_html( ‘ hebt gelezen:’ )
);
return $headline;
}
add_filter( ‘jetpack_relatedposts_filter_headline’, ‘jetpackme_related_posts_headline’ );

Hi @vdvsh,

I managed to make some changes, this is the best I can do for the mobile images. I fixed the signs that are overlaping the text.

Unfortunately for co change related articles falls good outside the support plan but more in the custom work type, so unfortunately I could not help you.

thank you,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

this is way better. Thank you very much for the mobile image. This is a lot better. Perhaps it’s a good idea when updating the theme to make an option where you can choose the mobile image you want to display so everyone has a good image for mobile.

The social icons are perfect as well. Is it possible to delete the related posts from the theme and implement it from jetpack than, since we have a dutch website and the text “related articles” isn’t really pretty. I’ve got the code to change it when I put it in on jetpack, so deleting related articles from the illdy theme would be OK too, since I can implement the Jetpack related posts than.

Thank you so much for your help so far. You’ve been very helpful and the site looks great with these changes.

Regards,
Carlien

Hi Carleen

I will send all your feedback to the developer team.

Have a nice weekend,

Cristian