Hello! Help with shapely error please!

hey folks!

hope your all ok with covid.

Got this error at top of my website…looks like I need to out brackets somewhere…? cant find where tho? any tips?

cheers! ro :slight_smile:

Deprecated : Unparenthesized a ? b : c ? d : e is deprecated. Use either (a ? b : c) ? d : e or a ? b : (c ? d : e) in /home/wildincu/public_html/wp-content/themes/shapely/inc/extras.php on line 442

Hi

I don’t think its a brackets problem, what is the version of PHP on your server?

Hello! cheers for reply!

I recently updated it to 7.4…and the error happened soon aftr!

mayb i revert back? :slight_smile:

Hi there

I just filed a bug report on this problem: Deprecated message php 7.4 · Issue #325 · ColorlibHQ/shapely · GitHub
Since this is a deprecation notice you may keep that version, it will be fixed soon in the upcoming theme release

ah thanks. do i just carry on & update when next shapely release comes out? can i ask when that is? :slight_smile:

Hi, This issue is resolved in Fix php 8.0 deprecation by giorginogreg · Pull Request #323 · ColorlibHQ/shapely · GitHub and tested in 7.3 and 7.4 also.
You need to clone this project from GitHub - ColorlibHQ/shapely: Free multipurpose WordPress theme built using Bootstrap

1 Like

ok…thanks!

i see this post is closed tho…

Do you have any help in regard to doing this? Im unsure how to clone etc. does it affect my site or it will take care of itself with upgrades?

cheers

ro :slight_smile:

Hi

@mahendra.pratap4022 thanks

@RoRo74 Check this screenshot: Screenshot by Lightshot

thanks!

ok - so ive downloaded it…is there more info on how to clone it?

thanks! :slight_smile:

Just upload it in the Wordpress theme, just like you are installing Wordpress theme, this version contains many bug fixes :slight_smile:

AH THANKS. You mean here?

Hi

Yep, that’s it,

Keep in mind creating the backup is always a nice thing :slight_smile:

hello! thanks…

yes - i back up my websites often…with ‘all in one WP migration’ and through my host provider.

i downloaded the update…looks the same as the updated shapely already tho? oits just the same isnt it? see pic. thanks! :slight_smile:

clibq3

Hi

Replace with the current upload, it contains fixes for many problems

thanks!
Looks like the Unparenthesized error has gone!

That’s nice to hear :slight_smile:

Going to close this case