Help! My website has reverted back to original theme before customization

Hi Movin,

I’ve been having some weird glitch and could not log into my Colorlib account with my original username. It just kept taking me to the log in page for wordpress. So I had to start a new one, I have already emailed support about this.

But my real big problem is that I’ve been working on customizing my website for over a year and finally got it to look exactly the way that I wanted. I.E. Fonts, layouts, etc.

After the recent Theme update, my website has reverted back to Activello’s original theme layout. (NOOOOOOO)

Please help and tell me there is a way that I can get my website back to the way it looked prior to the update!
I looked in the CSS section and it seems all the coding is there except it says “blocked” in part of each coding.

I would appreciate all the help that I can get. I really hope I don’t have to start from scratch :frowning:

Thanks so much,
Vanty

Hi Vanty,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

I’ve been having some weird glitch and could not log into my Colorlib account with my original username. It just kept taking me to the log in page for wordpress. So I had to start a new one, I have already emailed support about this.

Please try clearing your browser cache or using different browser.

But my real big problem is that I’ve been working on customizing my website for over a year and finally got it to look exactly the way that I wanted. I.E. Fonts, layouts, etc.

After the recent Theme update, my website has reverted back to Activello’s original theme layout. (NOOOOOOO)

Could you please tell me how you have customized your site?

Have you made changes in the theme files?

Please help and tell me there is a way that I can get my website back to the way it looked prior to the update!

Yes if you have backup of your site which you can restore.

I looked in the CSS section and it seems all the coding is there except it says “blocked” in part of each coding.

Could you please share the screenshot of it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

I called my hosting company and they helped me insert all CSS codes from the customization “additional CSS” side bar directly into my child theme via editor and was able to recover all previous customization.

He did tell me that after theme update, it appears that the theme customization side bar for “additional CSS” is having conflict between parent and child theme, so CSS coding inserted there is not working properly? Not sure if anyone else was experiencing the same problem. Was advised to insert any additional CSS coding directly into the child theme.

To answer question about changing theme files, no, changes there. But using child theme.

Problem with logging in was resolved after clearing browser history.

Thanks so much,
Vanty

Awesome great to see you got that resolved.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Thanks for responding! Have a wonderful day!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: