Help needed with banner ads.

Hello everyone. First, I just want to say how happy I have been using travelify. I’ve enjoyed using the features and finding new things to play with. Thanks to all who have worked on this theme.

http://www.travellingbug.co.uk/introduction/travelling-beginners-travelling-bug/

I have some queries with banner ads. I am trying to add a banner ad on the right hand sidebar. I can do this via widget but this leaves a horrible white space which I am unable to reduce. I then added the banner ad via CSS (which I am not very good at, right at the beginners stage if that) but the ad is joined up to the main body of posts. I am unable to center the ad like I have done with the header ad, as you can see in the website itself. Also, the ads do not appear in the main page of the site, but in the site posts.

My queries are:

How do I center the banner ad that’s in the sidebar?
How do I make the ads visible on the front page of the site?

I’ve searched everywhere for help on this but unfortunately couldn’t find the answer.

Many thanks in advance for all your help,

Also, how do I put the header ad after the site picture but before the main body of posts?

Hi @travellingforid,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

How do I center the banner ad that’s in the sidebar? How do I make the ads visible on the front page of the site?

On your site in the sidebar, i only see one ad that is also displayed on the front page of the site as shown in the attached screenshot.

The ad is displaying in the center of the widget but if you want to remove the white space around it then you can so by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Apperance -> Theme Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#secondary .widget_text {
  padding: 0;
}
#secondary .widget_text img {
  width: 100%;
}
Also, how do I put the header ad after the site picture but before the main body of posts?

Could you please share the screenshot of where you want to add it so that i can help you to achieve it?

Kind Regards,
Movin