help with colors, fonts etc for Travelify WordPress theme

Hello everyone! I have few questions for my site www.thewandersofmarty.com

I am a newbie so I tried to understand why things appear different from what I wanted/thought I set but can’t really find the problem. The questions are all related to how the blog appears etc.

1)Dropdown menu: from the homepage the colours are violet and then light blue when you hover…which is what I wanted. But, once you click on “Things to do in Sydney-Let’s do something” for example and from that post page you click again on the dropdown menu, the violet colors disappears and there is a sad grey colour ( which turn again to light blue when you hover over it)…why??

2)The violet colour, style and font of the category “Sydney in Pictures” ( the one that appears when clicking on it from the Homepage)or “My Sydney”…where does it come from? I know that sounds very stupid, but I can’t find it how to change it etc…

3)ABOUT ME and MY SYDNEY are different in font, colours etc…one is a page, the other one a category…but where do I go to change it? I thought that had something to do with Heading 1, 2 etc but when I try to modify those said Headings from Costumizing-Typography and then selecting the different Headings…I don’t see any changes at all!

Hope you can help me or direct me somehow…

Thank you all for your great help with these annoying newbies !:slight_smile:

Martina

Hi Martina,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1)Dropdown menu: from the homepage the colours are violet and then light blue when you hover..which is what I wanted. But, once you click on “Things to do in Sydney-Let’s do something” for example and from that post page you click again on the dropdown menu, the violet colors disappears and there is a sad grey colour ( which turn again to light blue when you hover over it)..why??

This is happening because of the grey color applied on current menu ancestor.

To change this color to violet, add the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Travelify Other Options

#main-nav ul li.current-menu-ancestor ul li a{
	    color: #9F5DE2;
}
2)The violet colour, style and font of the category “Sydney in Pictures” ( the one that appears when clicking on it from the Homepage)or “My Sydney”…where does it come from? I know that sounds very stupid, but I can’t find it how to change it etc…

It comes from style.css file of Treavelify theme.

You can change it by developing custom CSS code and using it as described above.

3)ABOUT ME and MY SYDNEY are different in font, colours etc…one is a page, the other one a category..but where do I go to change it? I thought that had something to do with Heading 1, 2 etc but when I try to modify those said Headings from Costumizing-Typography and then selecting the different Headings..I don’t see any changes at all!

The ABOUT ME and MY SYDNEY menus on your site don’t display different in font, colours etc for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best Regards,
Movin