Hep with layout and widgets for Activello Theme

Hello,

I am brand new to Wordpress and a struggling to create my blog in the same format as the Activello demo (love the template by the way).

1. How do I create the last 2 full length posts and then smaller box posts underneath on my homepage, as per the Activello demo?
  2. I am trying to add a photo to the text widget by copying and pasting the url but all it does is copy the actual next and no picture.
  3. I have added the Activello Instagram widget but nothing is displayed. I tried downloading the SnapWidget as you suggested in another post - where to I then paste the coding?
  4. On the homepage, the layout is set to default, which is right sidebar but on the homepage it is displaying sort of down the centre, directly under the text - how do I rectify this?

Any help is much appreciated!

best wishes

Danielle

Hi Danielle,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. How do I create the last 2 full length posts and then smaller box posts underneath on my homepage, as per the Activello demo?

You can try achieving this by unchecking the theme option “Show post excerpts?” on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Content Options

2. I am trying to add a photo to the text widget by copying and pasting the url but all it does is copy the actual next and no picture.

You can add it as described on the below page.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-add-an-image-in-wordpress-sidebar-widget/
3. I have added the Activello Instagram widget but nothing is displayed. I tried downloading the SnapWidget as you suggested in another post – where to I then paste the coding?

You have to paste it in the text widget added in sidebar.

4. On the homepage, the layout is set to default, which is right sidebar but on the homepage it is displaying sort of down the centre, directly under the text – how do I rectify this?

I am not sure what you meant by “on the homepage it is displaying sort of down the centre, directly under the text” so could you please describe it a bit more in detail by sharing screenshot of it or the page URL where it’s happening?

Best Regards,
Movin

Sim having the same problem with the layout, sidebar appears after the main body. I’ve tried different widgets but still the same.

Nice template if I can get this to work

Thanks

@robfarrell1969 To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.