Hide Featured Image Placeholder

My blog http://rifoon.com (not yet launched), has the Shapely static home page and with two categories of posts. I insert my images inside each single post text rather than use the featured image option to have better control over image placement and size. The menu lists Home, Category 1 and Category 2. When Category 1 is clicked, the category page and all posts in that category appear with both the image in the text and a blank, featured image placeholder above each listed post. The same result occurs when I click my name in a post’s by-line and go to my author page where all posts in both categories are listed, each with its own empty featured image placeholder. When I go directly to a single post, the featured image placeholder disappears, and the post shows up with just the text-embedded image.

Is there any way to eliminate the empty featured image placeholder for

all
pages in my blog, not just for the single post pages?
Best regards,
Bob

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

I was unable to view the page because you have a maintenance page active, could you please deactivate that page?

Best Regards,
Support

Support -
I am not sure what a maintenance page is or how to deactivate it. Can you please explain?

FYI, I have logged out of my WordPress dashboard in case that helps.
Bob

Hi,

Use this Custom CSS in Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS to hide that placeholder image in the blog pages:

.blog .post-content .entry-header img {
    display: none;
}

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Nope. Not working. See attached screen shot. I tried it both with and without the extra carriage returns (line breaks) in the code with the same result.

Hello there,

Please try this CSS code instead:

/*Remove post featured image*/
.post-content .entry-header {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Success. Thanks so much !!
Best,
Bob

Hello there,

I am glad the solution worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support