Home Page Blank Because of Widgets Not Being Recognized

Hello Support, please help. It appears the Homepage widgets are not being recognized, leaving my home page blank (pestogrino.com). All the information is still there, but it just doesn’t show up on the page. Beyond that, the logo was scrubbed until my web developer just put it back in.

I’m having the same problem when I try to use the widget importer & exporter, the results of the import reflect Site does not support widget

The same here!

well, at least I know it’s not just me doing something wrong

Ok, I know how to fix it!
I created the new page and set it as a homepage (but not sure if this is needed to be done actually?)
Then widgets and I found my inactive widgets which I created before ( call for action, testimonials ect)
I just moved them under homepage and it looks like it is working now.

I am not sure if I should do the update to 1.1.2 or better not??

unfortunately, I was not able to replicate your process with success
i have all recent updates for theme and wordpress installed

Did you find your previous created widgets in widget section ( not in customize menu)?

no widgets found within Appearance > Widgets > Home Page
is this where you found them? Not sure where / what I’m looking for. The error message pertains to
shapely_home_parallax We Change Everything WordPress Site does not support widget
shapely_home_parallax SEO Friendly Site does not support widget
shapely_home_parallax Portfolio Section Site does not support widget
shapely_home_parallax Small Parallax Section Site does not support widget
shapely_home_parallax Limitless Options Site does not support widget
shapely_home_portfolio Our Latest Projects Site does not support widget
shapely_home_testimonial What Our Customers Say Site does not support widget
shapely_home_clients Our Partners Site does not support widget
shapely_home_cfa Do you like this awesome WordPress theme? Site does not support widget

Did you try to create new page and on the right- page attributes put the template as homepage?
then go to settings-reading-put the new page as a static?

Got it! I had to install two recommended plugins for the theme. Once I did that, it prompted me if I wanted the website to look like the demo. Clicked yes, and I’m all set.

congrats :slight_smile:
Which plugins are you talking about?

Hi @milas,

You need to install this plugin: Shapely Companion – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org ( Due to WordPress theme restrict, we need to add widget functionality in a separate plugin ) After installing the theme, go to Appearance -> About Shapely -> Recommended Actions, and do the recommend actions, before doing the import work. It will do the trick.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
laranz.