Home page blog posts image size

Dear Developers,

thank you very much for your efforts to create this great theme, it has been a pleasure to work with it so far. I did some customization by using a child theme and probably the last thing I would like address is the different sizes of the photos in the recent posts widget. Unfortunately the widget doesn’t cut the images to have the same size and aspect ratio and it looks a bit silly on the home page now. It would be great to have a hack to make it look a bit more unified.

The WIP site is located at http://egyesulet.hegyaljaoldboys.com

Thank you very much for taking a look!

Kind regards,

Viktor

Hi @viktor,

Thank your for your kind words. You also did an awesome customization of the theme, I like your webpage.

I think I have a css hack for your problems with the blog photos.

Try use this css code:

.post-content .shapely-category {
    position: relative;
}

this will make the blog category to go under the photo, therefore no need to work with the image size.

I hope this fit your need.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

thank you for the kind words, I’m very happy that I didn’t ruin your work by touching it. :slight_smile: Unfortunately the provided css hack didn’t solve the issue, IMO the solution would be hidden somewhere in functions.php or the widget files. Somewhere we should tell the theme to generate thumbnails in a given size regardless of the source image size and aspect ratio.

For the short term I try to use photos with 3:2 aspect ratio but I would like to make a fool proof website. :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Viktor

Hi @viktor,

I will forward this to the developer team.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hey guys!

Do we have an update on this? Would love to have similar sized images on recent posts :slight_smile:

Amazing theme by the way!!

Thanks!

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here but the development team would need more time to assess the issue and test out solution that would work properly on multiple screen sizes, browsers and the major operating systems.

Best Regards,
Support