Home page - how to create a static front page for Sparkling theme

Hi,
my site is under maintenance so you cannot see it.

I’d like to have a static homepage, but without blog feed in slideshow.

What I have to change in what file to remove it?
(If you tell me what part of code remove, maybe some day I’ll could be keep it, but at the bottom of the page, before the footer could be a good idea but I need some advice)

Thanks a lot

screen

Why the flex slider is so high, instead in https://colorlib.com/sparkling/ is just half height of the page?

Page height end at the red lines in the screenshot. Flex slider occupy more then the entire page view.

Hi @FuoriLuogo,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I’d like to have a static homepage, but without blog feed in slideshow.

What I have to change in what file to remove it?

You can try achieving this by using the attached custom child theme of Sparkling theme that contains some custom code.

Why the flex slider is so high, instead in https://colorlib.com/sparkling/ is just half height of the page?

Because you might have set images for the slider posts large in height.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @Movin,

Where can I set small images height for slider posts?

Thanks a lot

I add only the customized header.php in child theme folder (I had lready one with functions-php and style.css).

When I load the home page, at the beginning flex slider is hidden but after few seconds it appears the same as before.

What I did wrong?

I checked the differences between this header.php and the default one (Diffchecker - Online diff tool to compare text to find the difference between two text files) and it found no differences

Hi @Movin,

I saw sparkling_featured_slider() was removed in your child theme’s header.php.

No effect,
it is however shown.

Hot to do?

:frowning:

Thanks, I resolved on my own :wink:

Awesome great to see you got that resolved.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!