Home Page Widgets do not show for Sparkling WordPress theme

I see in the admin widgets there are 3 home page widgets, however when I add content to them, the content does not show on the home page - what do you advise?? thanks, Megan

Homepage widgets are present only if you are using a static page as front page and not blog page. If you are using blog you can use footer widgets which is available everywhere on the website.

If you are using a static page on front page and widgets still don’t show up please post your website URL and I will look into it.

I am setting up my site locally so it is not online - I looked at the documentation and set up a “blog” page as directed however there are no instructions on how to set up the front page as “static” - do I just create another page called “Home” and select that?? thanks, Megan

Static means that there is going to be a static page (it can be called Home, Frontpage or anything else) on front page and not blog with separate entries.
We haven’t included WordPress basics on theme documentation as otherwise it would be way too long. Here you can find more information about how to configure your front page and blog page on WordPress.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.