Homepage Block

Hi,

Is there a way i can add a separate block on the bottom of the homepage that pulls posts from a specific category rather than just the latest posts.

Thanks,

Hi @shesoutside,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using any of the following plugins or you have to develop custom code to achieve this.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You would have to make use of a third party widget in order to add that widget to the theme. Here are a few widget pllugins that you can try out:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Thanks for your help. These widgets are great! What i want to do is create a sidebar at the bottom of the homepage (just above the footer) where these widgets can work. I’ve downloaded a plugin called Content Aware Sidebars which looks like it can do the job, however, I need to select the pages i want my customised sidebar to appear on. In the theme Activello the Homepage doesn’t actually have a page in the backend. I would have thought there was literally a page called Home which would be the first landing page. Whenever i click customise it takes me to Manage Live Preview. Is there a way to set up the homepage as an actual page?

Thanks,

You can set up static front page on your site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Hi Movin,

I did actually do this but then my homepage looked nothing like it does on the demo and none of my posts were pulled through. Is there a widget im missing?

Thanks for your help (and patience!)

The home page on the demo site is blog page displaying latest posts but if you wan to display static page on the home page showing latest posts then you have to develop custom code for this.

Hi Movin,

So if i were to leave the homepage displaying the latest posts (as in not a static homepage) how do i select my custom sidebar to display on the home page (as i cannot manually select it as a page as it doesnt exist)? Is there custom css that i can use to display the sidebar at the bottom of the homepage but above the footer?

Many thanks,

When the home page is not set as static page then it is dynamic page displaying latest posts so you can not select this page.

Yes we can display the home page sidebar in the bottom of the page by developing custom CSS code.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you to achieve it?

Thanks Movin,

I have kept the homepage as a dynamic page displaying the lastest posts as i like the look. I want the sidebar to be displayed underneath the row which has two columns but above the footer so that i can show latest posts from another category.

my site is: www.shesoutside.com and its just on the homepage.

I have also just added another widgetised area for my instagram feed which also isn’t showing. I’m hoping you will be able to fix both problems.

Many thanks,

I don’t see any sidebar on the home page of your shared site.

Please display it so that i can move it to the bottom of home page by developing custom CSS code.

Thanks Movin i have added.

You can display that sidebar in the footer of the home page by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body.home .main-content-inner.col-sm-12.col-md-8.side-right,
body.home div#secondary {
    width: 100%;
}