homepage double category instead of single

Hello,
after the last update my homepage shows 2 categories for each post instead of just the main one as before.

please have a look at italianvagabond.com .

the custom CSS code developed by you to fix the issue has been working fine until the last update, I wonder if it generates some conflict now.

thank you
Joe

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

I am only seeing one category being displayed at the top of the posts on the homepage. Please tell me if you are referring to another place on the page.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

I am only seeing one category being displayed at the top of the posts on the homepage. Please tell me if you are referring to another place on the page.

Best Regards,
Support

hi sorry, maybe I explained my issue wrongly.
what I mean is that in the homepage only a sigle category is supposed to show up above every single post.
i.e. as in the screenshot CHINA (cat 1) and Chinese Life and Culture (cat2 )
I’d like the subcategory to disappear and show only the main category (countries).

thank you so much for the help

Hello, please ignore my previous message I could’t find a way to delete it.
Your colleague made me realise that it was my browser cache problem.

after flushing the cache the double category issue disappeared but another one appeared,

some categories have 3 dots next to them and a tiny menu pops up.

I hope it has nothing to do with my browser this time… my ipad and iphone show the same issue as well.

can I get rid of that?
thank you,
Joe

Hello there,

Thanks for that information. The 3 dots are used when the category name is very long so the menu shows the full name of the category.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Support

hi, the category name is just 5 letters long (China )

if you hover with the mouse above the 3 dots a subcategory menu pops up, that’s not supposed to happen, right?!

You can have a look at italianvagabond.com and try.

thank you for your help
Joe

Hey there,

Thank you for providing the clarity.

The three dots are apart of the theme design that shows when two multiple categories are selected for a post.
You can see it in action here on the demo https://colorlib.com/activello/category/post-formats/ with the EDGE Case category.

At the moment there isn’t away to remove this as it is coded into the theme with no CSS selector.

I’ll bring it tot he attention of the developer.

Best Regards,
Support.

oh I got it, I didn’t know it was a deliberate design feature of the theme.

I hope there will be an option to turn off that feature in future updates of the theme.
thanks for your support!
Joe

Sure we will consider it.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: