Homepage - first two images on older posts pages are smaller + padding issue

Hi!

Thank you so much for an amazing and beautiful theme. It really looks wonderful! :slight_smile:
However, I would kindly ask for your help with two issues. After browsing the first 50 pages in the forum I still have the same problem and no solutions. The website is http://everyday-seekers.com/.

1. As shown in the screenshot 1, the first two images in the grid, on the homepage older posts (page 2, page 3) are smaller than the rest. The same issue is repeating on every “older posts” page. Can they have the same hight as others?

2. As shown in the screenshot 2, the second full-width post on the homepage has some padding on the left side. I tried using your code:
    .blog.home #page article {
    padding: 0 !important;
    }
    That fixes the second full-width post but messes up the rest of the half-width posts in the grid, as shown in the screenshot 3.

Can you please help me? Thank you very much!

Hi @afox,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. As shown in the screenshot 1, the first two images in the grid, on the homepage older posts (page 2, page 3) are smaller than the rest. The same issue is repeating on every “older posts” page. Can they have the same hight as others?

To resolve the issue could you please try regenerating the thumbnails on your site using the following plugin?

2. As shown in the screenshot 2, the second full-width post on the homepage has some padding on the left side. I tried using your code: .blog.home #page article { padding: 0 !important; } That fixes the second full-width post but messes up the rest of the half-width posts in the grid, as shown in the screenshot 3.

Use below custom CSS code to remove that space.

.blog.home #page article.post:nth-child(even) { padding-left: 0; }

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

I am great today and I hope you are too.
Thank you for your reply and your suggestions!
But here we go again: :slight_smile:

To resolve the issue could you please try regenerating the thumbnails on your site using the following plugin?

Force Regenerate Thumbnails – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Yes, I’ve done that but no results :frowning:

Use below custom CSS code to remove that space.

.blog.home #page article.post:nth-child(even) {
padding-left: 0;
}

This again fixes the second full-width post but messes up the second column of the half-width posts, as shown in the screenshot 4 (images in the right column are now higher).

Any other suggestions? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Instead of above shared CSS code please try using below CSS code.

.blog.home:not(.paged) #page article.post:nth-child(2) {
padding-left: 0;
}

Thank you, that works perfectly!

Any other suggestions for the thumbnails?

I can’t reproduce the thumbnail issue on my test site so would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Of course. I hope it’s not too much trouble.

http://everyday-seekers.com/wp-admin/
UserName: everydayseekers
PassWord: RwWQ5LWtaqNL

Thank you very much for your effort!

I can see you are using older theme version on your site as shown in the attached screenshot so could you please try updating it to the latest version?

I’ve updated the theme but the problem with the thumbnails remained the same. I also lost some of the changes I made after the update (I didn’t use child theme). Can I restore it back or you have some suggestions?

I have created and activated a child theme and all of my changes are now there. I have updated the theme to the latest version (version 1.3.6). The site is now up and running and everything is working perfectly except the mentioned first two thumbnails on the “older posts” pages.
If you have any other suggestions I would really appreciate it. I’m sorry for all the trouble.
Thank you very much!

I resolved the issue by changing following condition in your child theme file template-parts/content.php

if ( ( $index > 2 || is_paged() ) && is_home() && 'default' == $blog_layout ) {

Thank you so much for your help, time and patience!
You’re the best! :slight_smile:
I owe you a huge coffee :slight_smile:

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: