Homepage image issue

Hi, somewhere along the way of tweaking the homepage I’ve made a mistake. I’m not sure where I went wrong. Maybe you can help out.

When you click on the text button of the main image of my homepage (takvansport.nl) it links to a page where you see two identical copies of that image. How do I avoid that from happening?

If I want the text button (‘Welkom bij Tak van Sport’) to link to another page, how do I make that happen?

Thanks for taking notice.

Hi @FS,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

When you click on the text button of the main image of my homepage (takvansport.nl) it links to a page where you see two identical copies of that image. How do I avoid that from happening?

This is happening because you have added same image as the featured images in the post content of the post “Welkom bij Tak van Sport”.

To avoid this please remove that same image from the post content of the post “Welkom bij Tak van Sport”.

If I want the text button (‘Welkom bij Tak van Sport’) to link to another page, how do I make that happen?

To achieve this you have to overwrite the Dazzling theme function dazzling_featured_slider in the functions.php file of your child theme and made appropriate changes in it to change the link URL.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks @Movin for your response.
So, to avoid any misunderstanding, if I want to replace the static image on the homepage for another one, what should I do?

Hi @FS,

I think you are referring “static image on the homepage” as the large image displayed at the top of the image.

It’ the image displayed by the slider having only one slide. The slider displays the featured image of the post so to change this image you have to change the featured image of this post http://takvansport.nl/?p=1 .

Best Regards,
Movin