HOMEPAGE POST OPTIONS FOR TRAVELIFY

I have set up my categories for my posts, however I don’t want my homepage slider posts to display on my blog page. How do I omit that category on my blog page??

Hi @catch,

You can achieve this by checking the Featured slider option “Exclude Slider post from Homepage posts?” in the theme options settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best Regards,
Movin

Sorry forgot to attach screenshot so here it is.

Ok. Thank you. I can see how this works but how do I also hide posts in general. I don’t want the posts I am using for my homepage slider to show up on my blog page. How do I do that? Thank you.

Hi @catch,

Is your blog page different than your home page blog post listings?

Could you please share your site URL so that i can test it?

Regards,
Movin

Thank you. I can’t send you the site because I am in the process of creating it and it is in sandbox mode. I created the posts for the homepage slide and put them in a category of ‘home’ but those posts show up on my blog page too and I don’t want them to.

I created a page with the blog template so it pulls in all the posts. I don’t want the posts that were created for the homepage slide only to show on the blog page.

Is there a way to exclude posts categories on my blog page?

Thank you. Hope this helps.

Hi @catch,

Yes you can exclude posts from the specific category in your custom blog template using the category__not_in parameter of WP_Query class as described on the following page.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Category_Parameters

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you. I looked at the information but have questions:

1. Where does this query code go? I am not technical so I don’t know where to put it
  2. I only want to exclude the category that is for the home page slider on my blog page; these codes look like they would exclude a category completely then the category my homepage slider is using would not show?? correct?

I only want to exclude the category used for my homepage slide on my blog page.

I hope this helps. Thank you.

Actually, the site is live now so I can show you what I mean…here is the link to the blog.

http://www.allaroundinsp.com/blog/

If you go to the bottom, it says ‘previous’. When you go there, it shows the homepage slider images. I edited the dates on the homepage slider category so that they would not be seen on the blog page by a visitor to the site.

So I want to exclude the category used for the homepage slider. I don’t want that category to show in my blog.

Hi @catch,

You can exclude the slider posts from the blog page by using the attached small plugin.

Best Regards,
Movin

Ok thank you. I’m sorry. I am technically challenged…lol

I installed it but what do I do now? How do I use it?

Thank you for your help.

Hi @catch,

If you have already checked the Featured slider option “Exclude Slider post from Homepage posts?” in the theme options settings then you have done if not then please check it.

The shared small plugin that i have shared to you doesn’t have any settings.

Regards,
Movin

Oh my gosh. Thank you so much. It worked!!!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: