Homepage Slider disappeared with upgrade

I upgraded the Dazzling theme and the homepage slider disappeared. I have updated the child theme’s function page as suggested. My header file was customized in a number of ways so I don’t want to just replace it with this child theme header; when I do it doubles up on the content divs.

Any suggestions? I have inserted the new slider code where the old code was, tried it in the header file, and put in in the front-page file and nothing works.
<div class=“top-section”>
<?php dazzling_featured_slider(); ?>
<?php dazzling_call_for_action(); ?>
</div>

When I look at what is rendered, the div top-section comes in correctly; the problem appears to be that the li that is generated is set at display:none; When I remove this in an inspector, all the slides show, although stacked on top of each other.

The page in question is at http://conserveflorida.org You will see there is no slider, but the code for it shows up in the source code.

Further information: Please help me figure out next steps…

The function <?php dazzling_featured_slider(); ?> from the dazzling child function.php, which I placed in my front-page.php template, correctly renders the mark-up for the featured post slider, the content is being pulled correctly, and the CSS styles are being applied accurately.

The javascript controlling the Flexslider is not working, however, and I can’t figure out why. This means that the slides which are wrapped in an

<li></li>

are not being activated and maintain their display:none status. The flexslider.js if being enqueued correctly as far as I can tell. I’m not getting an error message in the console.

I tried disabling plugins, adding a no-conflict query statement, etc., and don’t know what to try next.

For now, I have manually added code for one slide to the front-page.php template without the list tags and this allows at least one slide to appear and respond correctly so the page doesn’t look broken. (http://conserveflorida.org)

The code below is visible — if I add the list tags it disappears.

<div class=”flexslider”>
<ul class=”slides”>
IMAGE HERE
<div class=”flex-caption”>

<h2 class=”entry-title”>CONSERVING FLORIDA LANDSCAPES</h2>
<div class=”excerpt”>New CTF Project! Nearly 5000 acres of forest habitat will connect Silver Springs State Park to Indian Lake State Forest, and link up the Cross Florida Greenway on its way to the Ocala National Forest.</div>

</div>

</div>

Please help!

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Could you please share me your whole child theme so that i can troubleshoot it on my test site and help you to resolve the issue?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Here is the child theme… I’ve been working on it for over a year, so there are several levels of customization; overall I’ve been quite happy with this theme!

If you can help me to integrate the upgraded Dazzling parent with the child and provide a bit of detail, we should be good. Thanks so much for your time and attention.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for sharing the child theme.

I made some changes in the header.php and footer.php files of your child theme and the slider started working for me.

Could you please try using the attached updated child theme?

You still need to make some changes in your customization which is conflicting with styling of latest theme.

Best Regards,
Movin