Homepage to full-width, sub-menus colors

Hello, I have a couple of questions and I would really appreciate any help.

Site: http://www.speakingoftrading.com/login/

(NO Child-Theme used!)

1. How can I change the homepage (just this page, not the entire site) to full-width in order to match the slider’s width (expand the container)?
  2. How can I change the submenus colors and width? I would like to have the menu and submenus with the same size. Plus, when a submenu is created, the menu no longer accepts a link. Is there any way to turn it clickable again?
  3. The search form displays random posts and site’s stuff when nothing is inserted into the form (when the magnifier is clicked). How can I prevent this behavior?
  4. Initially the site had the structure of a blog, but when I changed it to display a static Front Page (with full-width (no sidebar) selected)), the site’s title and tagline (which can be found at “General Setting”) were replaced in the browser’s bar by the name of each page. Is there a way to always display that info again in the browser’s bar regardless of which page a person is in?
  5. There are several forms available across the site, and they deliver error messages, info’s etc. The text in those messages was aligned in a box, justified. Now with the change mentioned above, the length of the boxes containing the text is no longer justified to match the text’s size, but is always aligned at the right of the page. What went wrong? I am not sure if what I mention is this: “Notifications” under https://colorlib.com/sparkling/sparkling-shortcodes/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi @jiks,

I hope you are well today and thanks for your patience here.

Do you still need assistance to achieve what you have described above?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi,

No problem. Thanks for your reply. I solved most of the issues, but I would like to have the number 3 and 5 fixed, which I didn’t find any answer yet.
The #5 it’s related with a plugin, “Theme My Login.” I contacted the author but the solution he gave me doesn’t work. I’m still waiting for a reply, but don’t know if he knows how to solve it.
Here you can see the thread:

And specifically what I want to fix:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fbk8GMURSAHVPrdtJlTYY3q9YUSE-tM6DRWabF6-aXA/edit

As far as number #3, I have no clues at all how to fix it.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Hi @jiks,

Thank you for your reply.

The #5 it’s related with a plugin, “Theme My Login.” I contacted the author but the solution he gave me doesn’t work. I’m still waiting for a reply, but don’t know if he knows how to solve it. Here you can see the thread:

Textbox width | WordPress.org

To achieve this could you please try adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Apperance -> Theme Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.login .message,
.login .error {
    width: auto;
    float: left;    
}

.login #loginform{
  clear:both;
}
3. The search form displays random posts and site’s stuff when nothing is inserted into the form (when the magnifier is clicked). How can I prevent this behavior?
I have tested it on my test site using Sparkling theme and default WordPress Twenty Fifteen theme and found when we clicked to search without entering any text then it displays the posts in the order latest to oldest as listed in the admin area.

I tried to test it on your site but it’s just displaying the coming soon message as shown in the attached screenshot therefore i couldn’t test it.

Please advise.

Regards,
Movin

Hi, thanks for your reply.

#5 The code worked! Finally I was able to achieve what I wanted. :slight_smile:

#3 Yes, in fact the site is in private mode, but I did some tests and the issue is solved.

Thanks again!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: