Hooking something to the bottom of the homepage

Hi!

With a plug-in named Featured Pages Unlimited I am trying to show some featured posts on the homepage of my Sprakling themed website. I want to show these posts on the bottom of the homepage, below the posts, but before the footer.

To do this I am trying to hook the posts to this location. I just now noticed there is no space defined below the homepage posts though, so it’s not possible for me to hook it to there as far as I can tell.

Is there a way to define a space below the homepage posts (i.e. via CSS)?

Cheers,
Thom

Hi Thom,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try displaying it on that place on home page if that plugin provides any shortcode or widget by adding it in the Home Page widget area.

If it doesn’t provide any shortcode or widget then you have to create child theme of Sparkling theme and develop custom code in it as described here http://presscustomizr.com/extension/featured-pages-unlimited/#custom-location

Best Regards,
Movin

Good day Movin,

I understand what you’re saying. But as far as I can tell the Sparkling theme doesn’t show homepage widgets, I’ve tried setting up a couple of them, but none of those actually show up on my homepage. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help!
Thom

I understand what you’re saying. But as far as I can tell the Sparkling theme doesn’t show homepage widgets, I’ve tried setting up a couple of them, but none of those actually show up on my homepage. Am I wrong?

It only displays it when you set static front page as shown in the attached screenshot.

Thank you! I got it sorted out the way I wanted to.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: