How to activate author tag and change color of headings in "recent posts"?

First, thanks a lot for this really great theme!

I have 4-5 short questions, I hope you guys can really help me out, would be truly great!
I want to change some issues on the first page of my new website. This simply consists of the “recent posts” option from the appearance settings.

Here is my site: www.neu.jgg-mannheim.de

1. Author tag in Recent Posts
How can I add the author tag and the icon to the post-meta?
In single view it shows up (f.e.: http://www.neu.jgg-mannheim.de/delf-2016-felicitations-alle-haben-alle-bestanden/)

2. Category tag in article view
How can I move the category tag and the icon above the image and the text, so that it is displayed bewtween the date and the author?

3. Styling the font in the top-bar-menu
How can I style the font in the top-bar with Custom CSS?
And how can I make the menu float left - instead of right as at the moment?

4. Color of “Recent Posts” headlines
How can I change the color of the headlines in the article preview?
On my first page (www.neu.jgg-mannheim.de) those are displayed in black while the fit the corporate design in the article view (f.e.: www.neu.jgg-mannheim.de/delf-2016-felicitations-alle-haben-alle-bestanden/)

I hope you can help me with at least one or two of my questions. Sorry for asking so many!

best regards
Chris

Hey guys!

I’ve been worling for 10-12 hours now and could fix at least some of my issues. The others still won’t work. It’s frustrating and I would really appreciate if somebody would help me out.

1. Category tag in article view
How can I insert the missing “category tag and icon” between the date and the author?
For example: http://www.neu.jgg-mannheim.de/fuer-die-eltern-vereinfachte-abwesenheitsmeldung-von-schuelern/

2. Styling the font in the navbar-menu
How can I style the font in the navba-menu with Custom CSS? I succeeded in modyfing the sitetitle, but I just can’t change the menu font…

3. Color of “Recent Posts” headlines
How can I change the color of the headlines in the article preview from black to orange on the homepage?

4. Reducing the space between the articles in artice preview
On my homepage I’m using “recent posts”. Between the posts is a dividerbar (grey line) with lots of white space above and below it. How can I reduce this space with Custom CSS?

5. Read more Button - Dazzling
I succeeded in removing the “Read more”-button on the homepage and the category lists. But in my search results its still there. How can I remove it from there, too?

My website is in German, the “Read more”-button is “Lesen sie weiter” here…
For example: http://www.neu.jgg-mannheim.de/?s=Schule&submit=Search

I’m sorry that I am asking so many questions at once but I really want to get those issues fixed. And while I will continue to try and do by myself (I am an wp-amateur), every single hint or solution would really help me a lot!

Best regards!
Chris

Hi Chris,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. Category tag in article view How can I insert the missing “category tag and icon” between the date and the author? For example: http://www.neu.jgg-mannheim.de/fuer-die-eltern-vereinfachte-abwesenheitsmeldung-von-schuelern/

I can see the “category tag and icon” on your shared page as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

2. Styling the font in the navbar-menu How can I style the font in the navba-menu with Custom CSS? I succeeded in modyfing the sitetitle, but I just can’t change the menu font…

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Dazzling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.navbar-default .navbar-nav li a {
    font-family: serif;
}
3. Color of “Recent Posts” headlines How can I change the color of the headlines in the article preview from black to orange on the homepage?

It seems you succeeded to change the color of the headlines in the article preview from black to orange as shown in the second attached screenshot.

4. Reducing the space between the articles in artice preview On my homepage I’m using “recent posts”. Between the posts is a dividerbar (grey line) with lots of white space above and below it. How can I reduce this space with Custom CSS?

You can use the below CSS code to reduce that gap.

body.blog article {
    margin-bottom: 0;
}
body.blog div#slider_eigen {
    display: none;
}
5. Read more Button – Dazzling I succeeded in removing the “Read more”-button on the homepage and the category lists. But in my search results its still there. How can I remove it from there, too?

Use the below custom CSS code to remove it.

article a.read-more {
    display: none;
}

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your each of your other questions here Dazzling - Colorlib Support Forum instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Best Regards,
Movin