How to create a subnav on the main menu?

I’m trying to create a submenu, so that when a nav link is clicked on, it shows some sublinks.

http://www.outerworldrecords.com/word/

Currently, the SEASONS link takes you to the Portfolio landing page. I would prefer it if when you click on it, a subnav of the individual portfolio pages were to show up (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter), so visitors can go directly to the page, instead of having to go through an intermediate landing page. I believe I’ve seen it done on other Shapely sites. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jinhi

You can create dropdown menus for the main menu in the wordpress dashboard under Appearance > Menus

After you add an item to the menu, there is a subsection ‘Move’ to ‘Under foo’ or whatever the page you’ve selected is called.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I’m not seeing the subsection ‘Move’… I’ve attached a screengrab. Am I looking in the wrong place?

You’re looking in the right place, you’ve just set it up incorrectly.

‘Seasons’ should be a submenu, as in an item within your menu; not the menu itself.

Where it says ‘Select a menu to edit’ you need to select the main menu you’re using in your header, it may be called ‘Main Menu’ or ‘Home’.

Then you should add a link to your portfolio page i.e. ‘Seasons’ and add the seasons pages under that link. You can even just drag and drop them below to make them subitems.

See attached.

Hi @pstockley,

I hope you are well today and thanks for helping out here in this forum.

Your help here is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Movin

@tree2x

You can see the following video to know how to create sub menu in WordPress.

@pstockley:

Thank you sooooo much for your help on this! Worked like a charm.

Best,
Jinhi

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: