How to create a topmeny with categories + putting up slider-header?

Hi!

I just got the activello theme and was wondering if anybody could tell me how to create a topmeny with my about-page, categories with sub-categories and contact us page)? I don’t seem to get it right…

I also wonder where to paste the link for my header-slider widget in the code? I didn’t find anywhere where it said “header” to paste it… I want the header to be just under the topmeny and fill out the whole page.Basically I want my blog to look like the “demo” version of the activello theme, but instead of the slider for the blog-posts I want to have a slider with pictures used as a header.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @livelovedream,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I just got the activello theme and was wondering if anybody could tell me how to create a topmeny with my about-page, categories with sub-categories and contact us page)? I don’t seem to get it right…

You will find information on the following page about how to setup it on the following page in the section “How To Setup Main Menu”.

I also wonder where to paste the link for my header-slider widget in the code? I didn’t find anywhere where it said “header” to paste it… I want the header to be just under the topmeny and fill out the whole page.Basically I want my blog to look like the “demo” version of the activello theme, but instead of the slider for the blog-posts I want to have a slider with pictures used as a header.

To achieve this you have to create child theme of Activello theme and then overwrite the following function activello_featured_slider in it and edit it however you want.

/**
 * Featured image slider, displayed on front page for static page and blog
 */
function activello_featured_slider() {
  if ( ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) && get_theme_mod( 'activello_featured_hide' ) == 1 ) {

wp_enqueue_style( 'flexslider-css' );
		wp_enqueue_script( 'flexslider-js' );

echo '<div class="flexslider">';
      echo '<ul class="slides">';

$count = 4;
        $slidecat = get_theme_mod( 'activello_featured_cat' );

$query = new WP_Query( array( 'cat' => $slidecat,'posts_per_page' => $count ) );
        if ($query->have_posts()) :
          while ($query->have_posts()) : $query->the_post();

if ( (function_exists( 'has_post_thumbnail' )) && ( has_post_thumbnail() ) ) :

echo '<li>';
                      echo get_the_post_thumbnail( get_the_ID(), 'activello-slider' );

echo '<div class="flex-caption">';
                      echo get_the_category_list();
                        if ( get_the_title() != '' ) echo '<a href="' . get_permalink() . '"><h2 class="entry-title">'. get_the_title().'</h2></a>';
                        echo '<div class="read-more"><a href="' . get_permalink() . '">' . __( 'Read More', 'activello' ) .'</a></div>';
                    echo '</div>';

echo '</li>';
            endif;

endwhile; 
        wp_reset_query();
        endif;

echo '</ul>';
    echo ' </div>';
  }
}

Best Regards,
Movin