how to create header slideshow

Hello! I have three issues that I hope could be accommodated:

1. I would like to create a slideshow header, just like what is shown in your Travelify demo page. I have already uploaded the images under the Header image tab, but I don’t know how to make it a slideshow.
  2. I also intend to add a short text in each of the header slides, that will be linked to the main pages. How do I achieve this?
  3. Why is my menu tab at the bottom of the header image? How do I position it above the header image?

I am creating my first blog (findingjing.com) and have very little knowledge on this. Hence, I would appreciate your patience on providing a bit of a detailed guide on how to do these.

Thank you!

Hi @seejayemcee,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

1) I would like to create a slideshow header, just like what is shown in your Travelify demo page. I have already uploaded the images under the Header image tab, but I don’t know how to make it a slideshow.
In the Travelify demo page we have displayed the featured slider which can be created by configuring its option in the theme options settings on the following path as shown in the attached screenshot.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Featured Slider

On the following travelify theme documentation page you will find information about slider in the section “6. Set up Homepage Featured Slider”.

2) I also intend to add a short text in each of the header slides, that will be linked to the main pages. How do I achieve this?

The text displayed on the slider slides are taken from the post excerpt so you can add that text in the post excerpt field.

Find more information about the excerpt on the following page.

3) Why is my menu tab at the bottom of the header image? How do I position it above the header image?

By default the menu is displayed at the bottom of the header image in travelify theme.

You can change it to display at the top of the header image by using the attached small plugin.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. :slight_smile:

I’ve followed through all your instructions, except that I would want the header images to shift (as a slideshow) together with the slider slides.

Thanks again in advance.

Hi @seejayemcee,

To display the header images like slideshow you will have to develop custom code as described in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/header-background-image-slider/#post-24916

You can instead display random header image by using the header image option as shown in the attached screenshot.

Cheers,
Movin