How to enable breadcrumbs in WordPress Travelify theme?

Hi Aigars,

I’m starting my first travel blog and I’m loving Travelify theme. It looks and feels great for a travel blog. Congratulations on your design work :slight_smile:

I wonder if you can help me with something: whenever I set a featured image in a post I see it in the main post page (front page) but not in the post itself. If I click on the post and enter it the image is nowhere to be seen. Is this suppose to be?

I also notice that in the theme demo there’s a breadcrumb on the right hand side, just bellow the menu bar, but that breadcrumb doesn’t show in my blog. Any idea why?

Theme itself doesn’t have built in Breadcrums but I have optimized it to work with Breadcrumb NavXT http://wordpress.org/plugins/breadcrumb-navxt/
Just install this plugin and you will be ready to go.

Featured images are not there because theme is created that way. However you can add them easily inside single post.

Take the following code and add it to header-extensions.php. You can find this file in theme folder – library – structure.

You can grab this code from here:

<?php
			if( has_post_thumbnail() ) {
				$image = '';        			
	     		$title_attribute = apply_filters( 'the_title', get_the_title( $post->ID ) );
	     		$image .= '<figure class="post-featured-image">';
	  			$image .= '<a href="' . get_permalink() . '" title="'.the_title( '', '', false ).'">';
	  			$image .= get_the_post_thumbnail( $post->ID, 'featured', array( 'title' => esc_attr( $title_attribute ), 'alt' => esc_attr( $title_attribute ) ) ).'</a>';
	  			$image .= '</figure>';

echo $image;
	  		}
  			?>

Add this code right before this on line 236

<header class="entry-header">