How to find menu options

Hello everybody,

I developed a custom code in order to add a search icon in the header of my website,
however, as it displays badly in mobile version of the site, I wanted to modify this adding this icon into the menu itself (just as you can see in the navbar of colorlib site). My idea is to add the search toggle as a new custom item menu.
Looking at dazzling php, however, I can’t find a way to insert directly this feature. Is there a place in which I can find menu attributes?
My website is: bebabio.it

I hope I was clear enough.

Thank you for your help.

Roberta.

Hi Roberta,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I am not sure what you meant by menu attributes and menu options but you will find all the menu options in the Menus in the admin area of your site.

You can try adding the search icon in the menu by using the following plugin.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

No, that is not exactely what I was searching for. I’ve already put the form in my site but I was wondering if it was possible to add it inside the div with class “navbar-collapse navbar-ex1-collapse collapse in”
I can’t find it anywhere and I was wondering if it was possible to modify it.
In this way the search icon will collapse with the whole menu.

Hope I was clearer now,
Thank you.

Roberta.

Hello Movin,

I’ve solved this re-writing the whole menu function in header. In this way however I have to modify it every time I’ll add a new page because I eliminated the line <?php dazzling_header_menu(); ?>.

I just wanted to know if this was avoidable or if this is the only way to achieve what I want.
You can see my new header in: bebabio.it

Thank you for your help.
Roberta.

You can try achieving this by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains following custom code.

function dazzling_menu_search($menu, $args) {

ob_start();	

$menu_item = '<li class="menu-item"><a class="menu-search" href="#search-container">';
	$menu_item .= '<i class="fa fa-search"></i> ';
	$menu_item .= '</a></li>';

echo $menu_item;
	$search = ob_get_clean();
	return $menu . $search;

}
add_filter('wp_nav_menu_items','dazzling_menu_search', 10, 2);

Thank you Movin, you are the best!

This helped a lot.
Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Have a nice day.
Roberta.