How to fix menu disappearing on hover for Sparkling theme?

Hi, firstly thanks for this great theme and offering support to boot!

I’m having an issue on both mobile and desktop with sub menus. One of the sub menus on my site is unavoidably very long and overlaps the home page slider’s bottom. When you attempt to mouse or move over the menu items, the menu disappears at the moment it intersects the bottom of the image slider.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, I’ve tried to fix the issue with css but haven’t had any luck.

Please post your website URL and I will look into this problem. This is something that doesn’t happen on demo website, so i absolutely must see your website to provide any suggestions.

Hi Aigars,

Thanks for the reply. On updating to the latest version this issue seems to be solved. Now that I’ve updated however, there aren’t any more options for the social icons and the widget isn’t working.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

@Andrew

Are you sure that you have those social links added inside Theme Options and widget is also added in your website sidebar?

Hi Aigars,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, for whatever reason, the tab for social isn’t in the admin Theme Options… It may have happened after the last WP update. Time to re-install the theme?

Best regards,

Andrew

First you can try to disable completely all plugins to see if that works. If not try to reinstall theme but I am thinking that some slider could break functionality. This is definitely not related to WordPress update as most users have already installed the latest version of WordPress but you are the first having this problem

Hi Aigars,

I tried to disable the plugins but it didn’t work. I’m going to re-install the theme and see if that fixes the issue.

On another note, is there an option to disable the featured image appearing before the post title?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hey Aigars,

Just to let you know and if it pops up with someone else… The social network icons were disabled by Ad Block in my browser ad ons. This disabled it in both the WP-Admin and in the front end.

Thanks again for all the support :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Andrew

Andrew,

Thank you for reporting it1

Which AdBlock plugin do you use? if it is popular enough I could contact developer to make sure to whitelist it. I haven’t had Problems with AdBlock and AdBlock Plus and now uBlock.

Hey Aigars,

The plugin was “Adblock Plus 2.6.9.1 for Firefox”

Andrew