how to get portfolio sections

I have install the shapely theme and setup the all thing As I want, but when trying to add portfolio section, I have add the portfolio widget and it have only 2 options 1) Title 2) Content, but there is no section for the portfolio post image etc.

Please let me know how to get the Portfolio section in Homepage .

This thread will help you:

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-to-create-the-portfolio-section/

I’ve done a small tutorial about this on one post, I’ll quote it here :
This is not a real step by step, but it may help.
I’ll assume if you read this, you know how to install a plugin, and create pages. If not, start by learning this, because it’s an easy task to perform.

OK! First of all, excuse my bad english.

So I had to explore and ask a lot (I’m not a noob, but I’m still a beginner!) around the portfolio and testimonials settings,to have it working as it’s on the demo page. (which I assume is everybody may want…)

And the way to do it looks like this :

First, install the jetpack plugin, in which you’ll find the 2 items you’re looking for, but they are kinda hidden in the ” jetpack->settings->add custom content”
Then, activate it, and this will display the settings page.
Be sure to activate them in the dashboard “Settings->Writing” and check “testimonials” and “portfolio”. They will be added in the dashboard.

1-Setting the home page :
– Create a new page, and name it “home page”, or as you want…
– Set this page as “Home page” in the “Model” section
– in “Customize->Home page”, set it as a static one
The two last points may be inverted… I cannot remember if I set it first in “customize”, and then edit the homepage, or as it is decribed here…

Save it

2- Portfolio
Open “portfolio” in your dashboard.
Create a portfolio project and name it like “project 1”, but NOT PORTFOLIO, or the widget may loose its trail…
Add your pictures as a gallery or single images, and descript the project as you want.
In my case, it’s a design product…
The trick here is to add a picture as a feature image, which will be displayed as an example in the widget.
Now, you can create as many portfolio as you want.

Add the “portfolio widget” (“Widget->Home Page->Portfolio)
It should looks like they are displayed with the last one first…

You may have to set the path of portfolio in “Customize->main option” I did it at first, but I’m not sure it helps.

Save it

3- Testimonials
Open “testimonials” in your dashboard.
Create a client name project, and fill it like you need.
Add a picture (you should add it as a gallery, and use “miniature, circles”, if you want the same display as the demo…)
Then, add the “testimonials widget” (“Widget->Home Page->testimonials)
At this point, you’ll see nothing, except your picture. This is because by default, the text is displayed in white
Add a background picture, and there you go! Your testimonials are there!

Save it

It’s kinda long, but I think it may help!

Feel free to copy, edit, add things to this, even stick it, you’ve all the rights on it!

Have a nice day!

Tom

Hi @rosef, Tom,

I hope you are well today and thanks for helping out here in this forum.

Your help here is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Movin

Could someone please let me know if there is a way to make the Shapely Home Portfolio widget’s individual projects not be clickable? I just want them on the homepage only for now.
Thanks!

@melmitch To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/shapely/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Is there a way to only display one particular project type rther than all of them?

@marketingleap Please create new support topic for your question as i have described in my previous reply.

Have done so, but this is the only thread that has had any response

@marketingleap Your topic will be replied ASAP so no need to reply here.