How to get rid of this ugly header thing

Hi everyone,

So just installed Wordpress on localhost and found this beautiful Shapely theme. However, I am stuck with this ugly white header thing, on every single page I visit.

I know there must be a way to get rid of this thing, maybe in the stylesheet? I don’t know how, but maybe you guys do. I hope someone can and will help me.

(It’s about that white header thing with ‘Blog’ in it, see attachment)

Thanks a lot.

Marianne

Never mind, I already found it. In the stylesheet, under page-title-section. I turned the numbers in to 0 and poof! Ugly header thing gone.

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Happy to see you figured it out.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Support.

Hi! Awesome that you were able to figure that out! I have the same problem but even your description on how you solved it is like reading cuneiform! Could you or Support tell me how i can get rid of that ugly white header?

Thanks so much!!
Kati

Hi kati,

sure i’ll help you!

go to dashboard > appearence > editor > stylesheet (on the right, bottom of the list) > cntrl+F (or cmd+F if you’re using mac) and search for ‘page-title-section’. Turn those numbers 225 and 70 into 0 and save. Now it should be gone.

I believe it worked! Thanks so much for replying so quickly!!
:slight_smile:

I have changed these numbers to 0, saved css file, purged cache and still have huge white space under the page title. Happy to lose the page title completely if its easier !

Okay, I found the following CSS on another thread …

.bg-secondary {
display: none;
}

This removes the title and most of the white space but I still have too much white space for my liking above the page text and/or image and the header menu area … can this be reduced by tweaking some css ?

Hello there,

Please move the now CSS to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and paste it there.
This issue can be handled with some CSS can you add a link to the page so that I can see where exactly the space is and provide the CSS for it?

Best Regards,
Support

The white space appears to be on all pages and posts but this is the front page >>>>> http://peterboroughimages.co.uk/music/