How to improve Travelify and WordPress performance?

How to move javascript (jquery) from the header to the footer? PageSpeed tool says – “Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content” and I’ve found information on http://www.feedthebot.com/pagespeed/render-blocking.html that I should move the script somewhere elese further down the page. How to do that?

If you care about website performance then invest in good VPS instead of some shared web hosting. This will give you major performance boost. Changing scripts to load from header to footer is not going to do much.

The best approach for optimizing jQuery load performance is to load it from Google Library instead of WordPress local file. This will minimize load on server and Google is so much faster than any shared hosting.

Just add this inside functions.php file

//Load jQuery from Google API
if (!is_admin()) add_action("wp_enqueue_scripts", "my_jquery_enqueue", 11);
function my_jquery_enqueue() {
   wp_deregister_script('jquery');
   wp_register_script('jquery', "http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js", false, null, true);
   wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
}

Hope this helps

if this has any bad effects ?

does this *

it does not do anything good either.

You will have to follow jQuery versions yourself and will have to update it manually each time to avoid any website vulnerabilities. By default Wordpress will do it for your.

Some plugins might depend on locka jQuery and will not recognize one linked from external resource. This is uncommon but could happen.

Another thing is that you don’t have control over this jQuery file and if your server fails to communicate with Google library it your website will fail to load and work properly.

You will only get a better lods speed for this script but not better response until first byte. Because WordPress will have to ask around where is jQuery instead of loading it directly.

Much better option is to use a proper VPS (I recommend DigitalOcean which is cheap and reliable) and enable gzip compression which will dramatically reduce all script size and will reflect that in website performance.

okay thanks alot for the information