How to increase the size of logo?

Hi @laranz,

I’ve updated the user to admin status for you and I’ve also installed the plugin you asked me to install. Please help! THANK YOU!!!

Sorry for the delay… I had to zone in on a deadline for delivering wedding images…

Hello,

Sorry to say I have something similar here. I’ve tried all the instructions but de logo does not shows the right height. In my site I configured all for a 200 x 100 px logo but it still uses a 55 px height. Please help me to correct this. Thank you very much.

Hello, please help with this. I apologize for repeating the question. I’ve opened it in the hope someone can lend me a hand…

Sorry to say I have something similar here. I’ve tried all the instructions but de logo does not shows the right height. In my site I configured all for a 200 x 100 px logo but it still uses a 55 px height. Please help me to correct this. Thank you very much.

Yes. I’ve been trying to get this issue solved since January and still haven’t been able to…

Hi Guys,

@manuamaro

I just logged in and saw you didn’t do any steps noted here: https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-to-increase-the-size-of-logo/#post-88586 please do that in a child theme and update me, also don’t use Photo module in Jetpack it resize images differently.

@playalovesme, what issues you’re facing? Did you follow those steps? I tried in my localhost and got it working, after that only I shared that in the forum, so it should work. Keep me update what issues you’re facing after my changes, so that I can help you with the issue.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

@laranz,

The last instructions from you were to make you admin of my page and install a plugin, which I did. From there, I haven’t had any further instruction.

Hi @playalovesme,

Please do this https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-to-increase-the-size-of-logo/#post-88586 that is from the start of the thread, if that didn’t solve the issue, please let me know, :slight_smile: we are here to help you.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Yes. We’ve already been through this. I did all that but it never worked. I then deleted the additional functions.php and coding as, not working, it was not smart to keep it.

You even responded in kind… check my messages before. This was all spoken about previously.

Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry if I am wrong, I create a child theme for you just with those instruction, you can activate it and change the settings according to your needs. If you need further help, don’t hesitate to ask us. :slight_smile:

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Ah ok. I didn’t realize you had done the step of creating the child theme and adjusting the functions.php. Thanks for that @laranz.

However, after adding the custom CSS, I’m getting the same issue as before and it looks terrible.

I try changing the custom CSS code you suggested to the exact ration of the logo I have (See below) and still no good. Neither your code or my change to the height in your code works. I’m deleting it as It looks terrible and I can’t have my website like that.

.nav-bar .module, .nav-bar .module-group {
height: 100px;
}

.logo {
height: 154px;
max-height: 100%;
width: 400px;
}

Please please help. I’ve been needing this adjustment since January.

Hi,

I changed a little bit in the Child theme’s style.css. Can you try to switch to the child theme now and see that changes? Make sure you clear the cache.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

OK the logo is better now… but switching to the child theme means I lose all the modifications I made to the colors of buttons the homepage, to the size of text on the homepage, etc… some of the changes were made via additional CSS and some were made inline.

So… this isn’t quite the solution either. There’s no way to address this issue of the size of the logo without using a child theme? Please??

I’m switching back because I don’t want to lose all the other modifications I’ve already invested time in and made…

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I followed step by step your indications. It was not enough however. The only way I get the right height of the logo was playing with the max-height attribute:

.logo {
max-height: 182%;
width: 200px;
}

Thank you again.

Regards

That did the trick @manuamaro… thanks! The only thing now is… the logo looks pixelated… even though the file is larger than the allotted width and height.

Any ideas how to keep the logo from looking pixelated??

Yes! You have to use a greater image. Your image is just 137 x 55. Use a 207 x 80 px instead. Or the size you will use finally.

Regards.

Actually, the image I uploaded and select is 500 x 193. However, whenever I select it (via Customizing > Site Identity), it forces me to crop to the 137 x 55 dimensions… EVERY TIME. It then creates a new file with the smaller dimensions and uses that file for source file of the logo.

This doesn’t happy to you?

@manuamaro

Hi @playalovesme,

Sorry for a late response, you can open the Child theme, and copy all the modification to your Theme, for example I add one some code to the functions.php and some styles in style.css copy both to your theme. It will do the trick, the only thing is it will override with the theme update you need to change do the same thing again after update.

Else, you can try some import/export plugin for customizer, Customizer Export/Import – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org use this plugin first export the settings in your theme, then activate the Child theme, and then import the settings, it will do the trick too. It is update safe. :slight_smile:

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Thanks a lot @laranz for your contributions

I tried your suggested code and it does work for me, except it breaks the entire site on mobile. Because my logo is wider than a phone screen, it makes the entire page too wide. Any suggestions for getting the logo to shrink when the display size shrinks?

thanks again