How to install Google Analytics for Travelify WP theme

I have tried adding Google analytics code both manually and using a plugin but in both cases my tracking status is “not installed”. Do you have any advice on how I can get this working when using Travelify? Thanks

@allankey

I am using Google Analytics by Yoast for this website as well as Travelify demo and I am more than certain that it works perfectly fine. here you can read more about this plugin.

In both cases (when adding Analytics code manually or via plugin) you absolutely must clear your website cache if you are using something like W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache or any other plugin for this purpose.

Let me know if this helps.

@Aigars

Thanks for your reply but I installed that plugin and it is still saying that it is not installed on the analytics dashboard.

I do not know what else to try. Do you think that it takes some time to locate it?

I do not have any caching plugins installed as far as I know.

Thanks for your help

@allankey

if you have done everything correctly it might mean that your website have absolutely no traffic. In that case Google Analytics might not recognize your website. Wait at least 24-48 hours to see if it gets picked up.

One more thing you can try is to check your website source yourself to see if Analytics code is present.
If you don’t know how to do it you can post your website URL and I will check it myself.

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. I was going to hold out and wait a couple of days as you suggested but if you don’t mind taking a look that would be great. You can see the website I am working on here: http://123kimchi.me/ I doubt my site will be getting much traffic but there should be at least one site visitor while I am working on it…me!

If you analytics ID is UA-62749748-1 then Analytics are installed properly and eventually you should see some results.

You might not be counted as a visitors if you have selected option to exclude yourself from tracking and that’s how my recommended Google Analytics plugins is configured by default.

OK well I will just wait and see. Thanks again!

@Aigars

Hi, just to update you, I just check and my analytics account is up and running. Turns out I just needed to be patient. Thanks for your help.