How to make header image link to home page?

Hi, I’m trying to figure out how to force the header image to link to the home page and I can’t get it to work. I tried modifying header-extensions.php as it was suggested HERE, but I get a syntax error while trying to enter the site. The home page is set so it shows news and for now the only way of actually accessing the news page is to retype the address or click on the bookmark. Would it be possible to help me with this? THe website’s address is http://www.bractwokurkowehusarz.wroclaw.pl/

Hi @skraaj,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The Header image is not clickable but the site logo image set on the following path is clickable so please remove the header image and set it as logo image on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Travelify Main Options -> Header Options

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

thanks for the reply.

Unfortunaltely it’s not working, regardless of what image I set there to be used as the logo it’s just not showing. I’d also be happy with just a button on the menu bar that says “Home” if that’s possible, but I see that items on the menu must lead to a webpage. Is there any way of bypassing it?

Best,
Skraaj

Hi Skraaj,

Unfortunaltely it’s not working, regardless of what image I set there to be used as the logo it’s just not showing.

It’s displaying fine for me. Please make sure that you have selected the “Header Logo Only” option as shown in the attached screenshot.

I’d also be happy with just a button on the menu bar that says “Home” if that’s possible, but I see that items on the menu must lead to a webpage. Is there any way of bypassing it?

You can achieve this by using the following plugin.

Best Regards,
Movin

You can achieve this by using the following plugin.

WP Home Page Menu – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

The above solved the issue, many thanks Movin for the reply and help!

If someone else is struggling as me – setting image as logo didn’t work because I used custom CSS to completely remove any trace of it and I completely forgot about it… I did this because I wanted to avoid having that white outline at the top of the page which is present when using logo instead of header image. I admit that having header image link to home page would be nice but the button does it’s job just as well. Again, many thanks!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

It would be appreciated if you rate this plugin here https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/wp-home-page-menu?filter=5 which i have developed.