How to reduce header padding/margin on top in Travelify?

Greetings, and thank you for such a great theme. I just installed it last night and am very happy with how easy it is to work with. I too will be making a Paypal donation.

Three Questions Please:

1. How do I reduce the padding in the header? I’ve tried several options in the Custom CSS section, but am not getting it right.

2. How may I slightly increase the font in the menu bar?

3. How do I remove the author name and date from the bottom of the blog snippets?

My website is http://www.selfhelpsalad.com. I’d like to remove the grey padding at the top and bottom of the logo and center it.

Thank you for your help.

1. I would recommend to set this image as header image instead. It will be much easier to resize it properly, remove these blank margins you have now and center than image. Go to Appearance → Header and and add your image there.
    Then do the following steps:
    Go to Theme Options → Other → Custom CSS and add the following code
.header-image {
	margin-top: -87px;
}

Or adjust margin-top if you still see blank space.

1. Do the same as for the first step and add Custom CSS like this
#main-nav a {
	font-size: 16px;
}

Again you can change it to higher number if you like

1. Follow previous steps and add the following code to Custom CSS.
.entry-meta .author,
.entry-meta .date {
	display: none;
}

So everything you done previously should look something like this

.header-image {
}
#main-nav a {
	font-size: 16px;
}
.entry-meta .author,
.entry-meta .date {
	display: none;
}

Donations are highly appreciated. My PayPal ID is a.silkalns[at]gmail.com

Hello and thank you. I sent a donation this morning as soon as I posted my question. I appreciate your help.

The header still has the padding. I’ve tried all kinds of values from 200 to -300 px, and it has never changed appearance. I also cleared my browser cache.

The other two changes worked great. Any other ideas on how to get the padding out of the header?

Thank you for your help.

Sorry to write again. Another option is to make the Header container white instead of grey. That would be fine too. What Custom CSS will make the Header container white?

Thank you.

Hi Aigars

I have done the following yet nothing has changed.

.header-image {
}

As well I have a large yellow box anomoly in the top right hand corner

http://tinadventures.com/

I see that you already fixed both issues.

First one most likely occurred because of cached version of your website. You can adjust margin-top: to get the best result since it depends on header image you are using.

Second one was because of custom script used or something. Not sure tho.

Let me know if there is anything else.

I tried the code for reducing the spacing too and it did nothing even after clearing the cache.

Another question on the topic, how do I center the header image?
I already centered my menubar, with code you provided in another post, and would like to have it for the header image too.

Thanks

I don’t have a header image - just h2 text heading. How can I move the heading text up in the page to reduce the white space?