How to remove "category" icon from post

Hi,

Someone asked a time ago how to hide permanently author, date and comments icon from posts… and your reply was:

Code into custom CSS:

.entry-meta .author,
.entry-meta .date,
.entry-meta .comments {
    display: none;
}

What should i write then to get rid of the category icon as well?

Many thanks!

Yes, I did provide this code but it is for Travelify theme and it is going to do nothing for Unite theme because they are different.

If you want to hide all entry-meta information such as date, tags, category, author name then you can use code like this:

.entry-meta {
}

If this is not the case, please post your website URL (exact page) where I can see information that you want to hide and I will provide custom CSS for you.

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply! :slight_smile:

Oooooops! My bad… I’m new here & I think i`ve written on the wrong forum! I actually have the Travelify theme… and i was wondering how to hide (on the Travelify theme) category and comments number from posts!
Thanks and sorry for the mess!

Vero

You want to hide just categories and category icon and leave the rest of the information in place?

If so you can use code like this:

.entry-meta .category {
}

If you want to remove all entry meta including author name, date, category and comments you can use code like this:

.single .entry-meta-bar {
}

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi All,

I have similar problem with the author showing up as a link, then when I click author my email shows up in the URL. How can I remove this?

I dont mind author still being there but would prefer my email not to show up.

Regards

Barry

@dentonby

Please start your own thread as this ones is old and also marked as resolved. You can leave this mark as reference in your new thread to make it easier to follow.

Sorry for inconvenience.