How to Remove "theme by..." in footer?

Hi @movin,

I ready in other threads that it’s legal to remove the copyright texts in the footer. Can you help me remove just the texts “Theme by Colorlib Powered by WordPress” while the footer still appears? Is there a CSS code that I can put under Sparkling Options > Other > Custom CSS to remove the texts?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hi @bestgrillguy,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the custom child theme of Sparkling theme shared in the following topic that contains some custom code.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/remove-theme-by-colorlib-powered-by-wordpress/

Best Regards,
Movin

If I attach the child theme in that post, won’t that disrupt my current saved codes existing on my site? I’m actually not familiar with installing a child theme as well. Is there no Custom CSS code that I can just put under Sparkling Options > Other > Custom CSS?

Thanks!

If I attach the child theme in that post, won’t that disrupt my current saved codes existing on my site?

No it won’t.

I’m actually not familiar with installing a child theme as well. Is there no Custom CSS code that I can just put under Sparkling Options > Other > Custom CSS?

There is no custom CSS code to selectively hide text in the footer but if you want to hide all text in the footer then we can do so by developing custom CSS code.