How to remove white space around header images and or logo in Travelify

I sent a support request using the form withing the admin area of the Travelify Theme, and have heard no response. On the offhand chance this is getting watched more closely I will ask the same questions here.

1 How do you get rid of the white background in the Logo area. I want the logo to cover all that white space up, because no matter what I make to go into that logo area, and what size I make it, it ends up placing a white border around the image. This defeats creating a seem-less connection to the main background. If you go to http://www.simpledeal.net/antiqueconcertgrandpiano you ill see what I mean.

The logo below I want to go in where that gold strip is surrounded by the white, and then I was going to leave that area where the logo is now empty, so that the menu bar would be directly below the logo.

Which brings me to question 2. Where can I change the background image and/or color for the text area itself? The white doesn’t fit the effect I am shooting for. I would like to ad in.the same background I have everywhere else.

Finally, one person above asks another question I would like to know the answer too, where do I change the menu bar background and font colors?

Thank you in advance for your time. This is a magnificent Theme, and all it needs for my purposes is a little more control of the colors/background/borders.

Right now you are trying to make your life a lot harder by trying to combine two images using code. Why not to create a one large header image and push header on top so it would cover the entire area?

If you are still looking for ridiculously difficult solution for simple problem here are code snippet that you should place inside Child Theme style.css or inside Theme Options – Other – Custom CSS

#site-logo {
	margin-top: 0;
}
.hgroup-wrap {
	padding-top: 0;
	padding-bottom: 0;
}
#site-title a img {
	max-width: 1018px;
}
#branding .container {
    margin: 0;
}
.header-image {
	margin-top: -10px;
}

And here goes fix for content area

article {
	background: transparent;
}
#content {
    background-image: url('http://www.simpledeal.net/antiqueconcertgrandpiano/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/background.jpg') !important;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: top center;
    background-attachment: fixed;
}

Personally I would do it something like this but it really depends on your requirements.

article {
	background: transparent;

}
.wrapper {
	background-color: transparent;
}

Tweak this code to get the results you were looking for.

Scratch that third question about the menu colors out of my last post, I found the answer by reading your answer to Joshua a little closer. I still need help with the first and second questions in it though… Thanks. Zac

I guess i didn’t explain it well. I want only one image to work. If you look at the website now, you can see what I want. Simply to have the white box around the header to be gone. No matter what size I make it, the box is still there, it gets bigger if I make the image bigger… It places that boarder around it no matter what…It is currently 1018×117, and yet the border exists though the area is not anywhere near 1018 wide.

By moving the header from the lower header area to the ‘header logo’ area, and making the changes to reflect he following:

.hgroup-wrap {
padding-top: 0px;
padding-bottom: 0px;
}
#site-logo {
float: left;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
}

I am 90% there.

If you look at it now, there are only 3 sides left to the broder, and they have been reduced by about 50% in size.

Any suggestions to eliminate the rest?

I already gave you very similar code last time but you didn’t use it.
Well here is second attempt

#site-title a img {
	margin-bottom: -13px;
}

#branding .container {
}

Okay, I have gotten 99% there. I really need you to look at the website page for the last two minor issues.

http://www.simpledeal.net/antiqueconcertgrandpiano

I have to the best of my ability attempted to find the proper “border” statement to chaing, to get rid of the harline borders around the table on the front page.

Also, I need to find the correct place to change he default color on the text, as that greyish writing doesn’t stand out enough against the gold background. With these two fixes all will be accomplished.

Thanks for all the help…

Here is code you will need to add

.wrapper,
article {
	-webkit-box-shadow: none;
	box-shadow: none;
}
h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6, 
#site-generator .copyright {
	color: #111;
}
#site-generator .copyright {
	font-size: 12px;
}
#site-generator .copyright a {
	color: #555;
}

Consider removing this from style.css since all your website is now transparent so you no longer require to make a background for content separately.

#content {
    background-image: url('http://www.simpledeal.net/antiqueconcertgrandpiano/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/background.jpg') !important;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: top center;
    background-attachment: fixed;
}

Just what I needed, and I like the forum much better too. A magnificent theme all the way…

Thanks for your feedback!
I didn’t expect that there will be over 1500 comments for theme pages and I just had to convert everything into the forum.

Right now I see that people are spending a lot of time searching this forum and I don’t have to answer the same questions over and over again. I guess I have done the right thing with this forum.