How to translate text in contact form and on seach button in header

Hi
At first, I have to thank you for this great theme and also for the great support. I am using Shapely theme on WordPress in Swedish language. http://ny.ebrius.se I have a problem with translation of the ”search” form in the header, s “SEARCH” and ”TYPE HERE” not translating in to my language. How do I change the text? And i also have a problem with translation of contat form I like to change Phone to “Tel nr.”
Can you please advise me how to do this? I’ve searched the forums I can’t find an answer.
Thank you. // Lajla

Hey there,

You may take a look at this awesome plugin that allows you to translate single words or sentences.

Say What Plugin

Once you have installed and activated the plugin you may navigate to Tools>Text Changes>Add New within your WordPress Dashboard and configure the fields as illustrated below.

Original string: search
Text domain: shapely
Text context:
Replacement string: translation here

Best regards,
Support.

Hi, “It doesn’t work.” I am new to web development. http://ny.ebrius.se/
I had the same problem with Activello theme but solved the problem with help from a Martin C in Denmark then. But I can’t find the placeholder in the functions.php file in Shapely.

Finally, I found by myself the solution to the translation of the text in the search-box in the header.
To change the text, edit the functions.php file in the root of your Activello theme.
Find this text-string near the bottom of the file:
placeholder = “‘. esc_attr_x (‘ Search ‘,’ search placeholder ‘,’ activello ‘)
….and change it to:
placeholder = “‘. esc_attr_x (‘ SÖ K ‘,’ search placeholder ‘,’ activello ‘)
Once you’ve uploaded the edited file to your website, the problem is solved.
However, remember that your correction will be overwritten if and when you update the theme in the future (… but hopefully a future update will contain translation of this text ).
Best regards,
Martin C, Denmark

Thank you so much. Lajla

Hey there

You have to use default wordpress strings translation method, with poedit or with loco translate please take a look at this:

Let me know if this worked, if no, please come back with your admin details and i will try :slight_smile:

Hi Noda,
It worked for the Seach botton but not on the Contact form! Phone and Email is still not translated.
www.ebrius.se
Can I change the text, in edit the functions.php file in the root of your theme?

Thanks so much for your help, really appreciate it.
This forum is really great. Lajla

HI

Phone and email texts are is stored in the shapely companion plugin and you have to translate that plugin as well :wink:

Hello, I have a similar problem:
even with loco translate I can not translate the buttons “my cart”, “account” and “search” in to german language.

Beside this the cart shows the amount without taxes, I cannot change it in woocommerce plugin.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks a lot
bergund

Hello @bergund

Have you tried all suggestion provided in this ticket? there is no specific in this thing in this problem if you follow steps correctly then you will be able to translate all the string in the theme and in the plugin,
amount without taxes - can you check this problem in the default wordpress theme? please activate one of default wordpress theme and check this problem, let me know what happens,

Thank you,
I didn’t work for it. I have translated the shapely companion plugin as well and the Contact form! Phone and Email is still not translated.
http://www.ebrius.se

Do you know how to fix it please?
Thank you so much. Lajla

Hey there,

Give this plugin a try.

Say What Plugin

Once you have installed and activated the plugin you may navigate to Tools>Text Changes>Add New within your WordPress Dashboard and configure the fields as illustrated below.

Original string: phone
Text domain: activello
Text context:
Replacement string: text you want

Please let me know if there are any more questions that I can answer for you.

Best regards,
Support.

Hi, “It doesn’t work.” I have already tried the Say What Plugin.

I am new to web development. http://ebrius.se/

Thank you so much. Lajla

Hello there,

If the Say what plugin is not working then you would have to translate the form using the Contact 7 translation resource. Here is a link to it:

Best Regards,
Support

I have tried all suggestion provided in this ticket?
Say what plugin, Loco translate 7 translation resource.

Thank you so much. Lajla

Hello there,

As it stands, we can provide recommendations to try to fix the issue, however it may be the case that Loco Translate cannot translate that aspect of the theme. Another option is to try using this plugin to translate the forms:

Best Regards,
Support